Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #1

Hello From NJ

Bought a 1999 rockwood 25' this year Rebuilt the floor, new lino,New back wall in bathroom and new bathroom ceiling and new electronics in the refrig. All because the owner before me did not a thing to the roof Was missing a plumbing vent and the refrig vent top Re did the sofa and the dinette and custom build window valances,and hung mini blinds Used this now 5 times this year and just love it I have been a RV Tech for 23 years and always said I would never own one Well I guess you never say never. Hate to put it away for the winter. So over the winter months it will get new tires and new brakes And just wait for the camping season to start again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0007.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	19971  
BillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! Your trailer looks nice with all the work you have done in it. It's hard to believe that many RVers camping days are ending as we here in SoCal is waiting for it to cool down a bit so we can really enjoy camping.

Being a RV tech must come in handy for sure.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome bill !
Trailer looks great !

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Bill,

Welcome to the board!

We fully expect you to be a big contributer to the forum!
Stick around and visit often. Your expertise will be a welcome addition.
PM me with your location if you like as we are right across the river. Maybe we can meet a a local pub for a beer.
Lou
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #5

Wow! Looks awesome! We are just getting our new to us trailer and I am bummed because I guess it is the end of the season here. We are going to try and use ours through Thanksgiving....hoping that is not too late. When do you plan to winterize? I see you are from my same area.
Cyn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #6

Thank You Cyn61. A lot of work and time in this one This is our 1st Camper But I enjoyed every minute of it I think our last trip this year Will be next week But you never know. I gonna wait till the last week of Oct. or 1st week of Nov This way if we do decide to go again I won't have to dewinterize Just don't wait to long I have done some after Thanksgiving The heat had to be on so the water won't freeze When I blew them out. I like to blow them out with air till the water lines are dry. Then I can get away with a gallon of anti-freeze some in the traps and run some thru the pump Any questions you have I will more then glad to help If I can

1999 RockWood 2505
2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #7

Thanks BillT! We are heading towards the Poconos for our maiden voyage this weekend! Can't wait
Cyn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #8

Have a Great time and enjoy your new trailer Need details on how you made out when you get back

1999 RockWood 2505
2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi