Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #1

Hello from NY.

Just got back into R V having done it when children were young. Then Went thru boating 6 years, then flying almost 30 years, so time to slow it down. Bought a used 04 FR Flagstaff BHSS. Brought in home in a near blizzard, parked it in yard and left almost immediately for. Florida. Return to NY May 1st. Very anxious to learn all I can. This forum is an incredible source of good info. In the meantime I am keeping my self busy with local Craig's List purchase. Picked up a beauty Honda 2000iu like new in box etc. I see on CL a listing for RV Power cords 25 & 50' they appear very heavy but the male and female ends are simply 3 prong not 30 amp ends. Is this ok to use simply as extension cords to couple to my TT end and use the adapter to shore power. I have that prev owner left the adapters but not much power cord. Thanks. Also most planned trips will be boon dock and or dry camp in finger lakes area NY
Poper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #2

Hello from Wisconsin and welcome! Get an RV cord with the 30AMP ends on, 25' will probably be enough combined with the cord from your camper. Use the adapter only if 30AMP isn't available at the campground power pedestal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cord.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	46621
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #3

Great thanks, big help with picture too.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #4

Poper, Welcome to The FR forums. For a wealth of info you might consitter the FR ralley held in Goshen IN August. We went last year & had a grand time + some needed repairs. Where do you dry camp in the finger lakes ? We are also in NY, Binghamton.
Geojudi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #5

Welcome from Arkansas. Happy camping
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #6

Thanks all. I assume not Goshen NY that would be way too easy. Goshen In. Too far for me.
Anyway I'm new at this. my primary use in Finger lakes will be for 6 weeks or so of bow hunting (Poper ) if you know the connection
The Finger Lakes have the National forest for camping in 3-4 spots. In Watkins Glen area Town of Hector. Specifically "blueberry patch" I hear it is very nice campground especially for my needs. The Finger Lakes national park consists of 15000 total acres, and I have hunted there for 25 years. I owned 15 acres right in the middle of it, with plans of building a retirement home. Never happened so I recently sold the land, hence the need for my FR T T.
Do you or anyone on the forum have any experience at "the Blueberry Patch". Appreciate any input,
Thanks again all for the warm welcomes, and the very valuable information learned thus far from the forum.