Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #1

Hello from Ontario Canada

We recently purchased a new Wildwood 402QBQ and are loving it. It is permanently parked at our resort and has become the talk of the campsite
We are fairly new to camping and having an RV so please bear with me if I ask a lot of questions.
We have an issue with the AC run off cascading down over the awning and dripping right over the sliding doors is this normal or should it be diverted else where? The dealer is not willing to send anyone out to look at it and it's less than a week old,so I have called Forest River and am waiting to hear back from them.
The only other issue is because of the water a couple of lights have shorted out can this be because of bad seals on the lights?
Thanks all.
Fuzzy164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. I would check for level you may be off on the side the water is running to. I would see if I could raise it on that side to divert the water to other side much like I do with my tt. I can adjust to make water run to opposite side. Enjoy your new rig Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #3

Welcome (also from Ontario).

Agree you may be a bit out of level, however it seems unusual that its not being caught by a gutter. RV A/C's usually just dump their condensate on the roof where it runs off whatever way gravity wants to take it. With an arched rooftop, that's usually to one side or another and on our unit it falls into the gutter and runs out the back corner.

Shorted out lights, especially on the inside, would be very bad news as that would indicate that something isn't sealed properly. Which lights are these and how can you tell from just burnt out (do the fixtures have water in them)?

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Welcome from another Ontarioite! Hope you get your dealer to step up to the plate. If they let us know, the RV show is on in Toronto and sales guys don't like hearing about no after sales service while they are giving a pitch to a prospective customer.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #5

Welcome to the FR Forum from fellow Ontarian! Hey maybe we should have a FR Rally sometime? Anyway lots of good information on this forum. Enjoy your new rig. The AC condensate should be running down the gutters and out the spouts in the corner of the rig. Maybe it is off level?
DuncanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:24 PM   #6

Thanks all for the replies I will check the level first thing when I get up to the trailer this weekend and check the roof to see where the water is coming out of, I will keep you posted.
Thanks again
Old 09-09-2015, 04:24 PM   #7

Of course, maybe it is but there some debris in the gutter causing it to back up and overflow at that point. That could be a perennial problem with park models or these new 'destination' trailers (cross between a towable and a park model but still towable with less than a heavy-duty truck). With most of us, the wind from going down the road will usually clean things out (but still have to get up there and check every once and a while for things like rotted maple keys).

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #8

Debris at gutter end causing over-flow? Oh, and welcome to the forum!
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #9

Welcome also from Ontario and congratulations on your new rig. Where is your rig parked and where did you buy, I don't know any dealers who are going to travel hundreds of kms to do warranty work unless it was written in the sale. Hard enough for dealers to get warranty work done but to travel a distance... Hopefully both issues are a simple fix, don't let it get you off track of the great adventure called camping.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #10

I did not get up on the roof of the trailer this weekend due to inclement weather(rained all weekend here) but the good news is I do think the gutter is full of something as the rain was doing the same as the AC(dripping over the sliding doors)The lights all seem to be working so I don't think there's a problem there just the step daughter not knowing what switch is which.
Kevin we are located at Happy Hills resort(Happy Hills Resort - About Us) just outside of Embro Ontario near Woodstock, as to the dealer we had the understanding that they would come on site to repair anything for one year.
We bought it at Mobilife RV Centre in Kitchener Ontario which is 45 mins from the camp ground so we'll see as time progresses how good they are for their word on repairs.
Fingers crossed.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #11

welcome to the forum from another one from southern ontario,

Tags
canada