Old 03-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #11
Camper Less Camping

Welcome from SE Georgia

Old 03-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
Welcome from another Central Florida camper (Orlando). Wife and I have 30 ft Flagstaff V-Lite and have been going to Fla. State Parks. Next trip is to Hillsborough River State Park on the 16th

Old 03-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #13

Interested in a review of the park - thanks.

Chuck

2011 Rockwood Windjammer 2102W
2008 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
(the near max loaded 2006 F150 5.4L V8 would only go 55 MPH Westbound on I-80 in Wyoming . . . not good when semi's are passing you at 80 MPH)
Chuckinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #14

Chuck we have been to 9 Fl. SP so far. each has its own unique attributes. The only one so far we were not thrilled about was Manatee Springs. It was outside all cell signals and TV. Looking forward to our trip next weekend to Hillsborough River. We have been to Curry Hammock, Highlands Hammock, Blue Spring, Paynes Prairie, Kissimmee Prairie Preserve SP. We go to Long Point - Brevard County park often since it is close to wife's parents.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #15

I love to eat at Whitey's Fish Camp.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #16

Whitey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvillebly View Post
I love to eat at Whitey's Fish Camp.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forest River Forums mobile app
My wife and I love going there on occasion when family comes to town. I'm partial to the "all you can eat" catfish. It's not too far from our house, the prices are fair and they have great entertainment if you can stick around late enough.

Another good spot and favorite of mine is Trent's, across from NAS Jax.

I'd be hard pressed to choose between the two and it most likely would come down to what time it was and if the base was letting out.
Kayaks, Canoes and Surf Cart
tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #17

FL SP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShebaGinger View Post
Chuck we have been to 9 Fl. SP so far. each has its own unique attributes. The only one so far we were not thrilled about was Manatee Springs. It was outside all cell signals and TV. Looking forward to our trip next weekend to Hillsborough River. We have been to Curry Hammock, Highlands Hammock, Blue Spring, Paynes Prairie, Kissimmee Prairie Preserve SP. We go to Long Point - Brevard County park often since it is close to wife's parents.
I've always been a State Parks fan but the only one we have camped in with our trailer has been Faver Dykes, just below St. Augustine. Seems to always rain when we go there, camper or not. It's a smaller park but there is some nice paddling to be had there. Our last time there, 02/20, they were conducting controlled burns in parts of the park. Ticks were also prevalent. If you wanted to hike, you had better hose down with repellent.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #18

How do you feel about the Avenger 17QB? Wife and I are considering it to travel around to Florida State parks as well but wonder if the fridge is too small or overall too small or??? Seems like it could work for the both of us like a hotel room on wheels and maybe staying for up to a week at a time....
Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #19

Hey johnlee,
We're about 4 months into ownership of the Avenger 17QB and have no regrets about the size or style of our choice. We know there are higher priced units out there with more amenities but for our lifestyle, this fits the bill perfectly for now. My wife plans our meals and beverages and always seems to have enough room in the fridge. Heck, last trip we had several ice cream cones at Anastasia SP while watching movies. We try to keep things simple. We grill outside whenever weather permits (keeps the mess and smell down) use the micro a lot and we seem to do very well and stay comfortable.

I always try to use the park's showers and restroom while my wife likes using the camper's. We just try to keep grey water to a minimum.

For the two of us and our small dog, it's a great size. Tows well and is fairly easy to get into and out of smaller campsites that others cannot. Sometimes the only sites available are for smaller units.

Not sure what other information you are looking for, but I'll do my best to answer any other question you have.

Good Luck,

tanner
Old 06-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #20

Hey Tanner (Rob and Denise) do you give kayak lessons? Wife and I want to do some kayaking but are not good at it.