Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2010, 06:32 AM   #1

Hello from PDX

Hello,

We recently purchased a new Surveyor 186. Works great for the wife and I, and our little dog (don't tell him I called him a dog).

Brought it home from the dealer, loaded it up and headed out the next day for a couple of nights to try it all out.

We are really impressed with the build of this little trailer. Everything works great, but the mattress leaves a lot to be desired, so we ordered a memory foam mattress to replace the one that came with it.

...stlhd
stlhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper. Hope you have many fun and trouble free trips!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #4

Welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you found out what most RVrs find out right off the bat, that the mattresses arent good. We too put a memory foam topper on ours right away. Got it at Costco.

Since your from Portland, where do you like to go most? We love the Oregon coast, Manzanita the best.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #5

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

NWJeeper... Yup, those inner springs are terrible. We tried it out for the first time at Beverly Beach, really nice CG, G and H loops are nice and quite, set back a ways from Hwy 101.

We are heading up to Estacada next weekend at Milo Mciver CG.

July we are heading up to Calgary and across BC. Have some friends up there who love to camp and want to show off their beautiful part of their country.

We really want to explore the Washington Olympic range from Tacoma up to Port Angeles and Hwy 101 down to Ilwaco. Maybe we can get some pointers from you being your from Washington?

Have you been 4x4ing at the Oregon Dunes or Sand Lake?
stlhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlhd View Post
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

NWJeeper... Yup, those inner springs are terrible. We tried it out for the first time at Beverly Beach, really nice CG, G and H loops are nice and quite, set back a ways from Hwy 101.

We are heading up to Estacada next weekend at Milo Mciver CG.

July we are heading up to Calgary and across BC. Have some friends up there who love to camp and want to show off their beautiful part of their country.

We really want to explore the Washington Olympic range from Tacoma up to Port Angeles and Hwy 101 down to Ilwaco. Maybe we can get some pointers from you being your from Washington?

Have you been 4x4ing at the Oregon Dunes or Sand Lake?
My Aunt and Uncle have lived in Estacada for most their lives. I have lots of family down there and love that area.

As for the peninsula, well to me it's kind of a boring place. For ocean and beaches I really do prefer Oregon. If you like long hikes in the woods there is a lot of that in the Olympic but really the cost of WA is a bit of a snore to me. Our favorite place is Pt Townsend though. There is Ft Worden state park there and it is where they filmed "An Officer And A Gentleman". It is a really cool place to explore the old gun emplacements, lots of stuff hiddin in the woods on the hill above the park, ruins, great stuff for kids. Pt Townsend itself has some great restaurants and antique stores, we don't miss a chance to hit the "Nifty 50's" dinner for a chocholate malt. We also like the Pt. Hudson Marina and RV park, kinda sparce but if you reserve ahead and get an ocean front site you have an incredible view and you can just walk into town. Reservations are a must for either park though as they are very popular.

Haven't Jeeped the dunes, I tend to stay away from sand with the Jeep, just way too much hassle cleaning out all the sand afterwards. My wife however has spent a lot of time on quads down there.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the camper.
Bob and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote