Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #1

Hello from Perry Hall, MD

New to Forest River. We took possession of a Rockwood Ultra Lite 2910TS on 4/1. Made a trip to Lancaster, PA from 4/4-4/7. Very happy with this rig. Been RVing since '96.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Welcome from across the beltway (in Columbia, MD). We pretty regularly go up to Lancaster, to the Outdoor World park up there (Circle M).

Where'd ya stay? Where'd you buy from? And, of course - we always demand pics.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #3

Red face

We stayed at Spring Gulch in New Holland, PA. The Rockwood 2910TS had the Emerald package and was purchased at Chesaco RV. The salesman was Terry Bickel (sold me first TT in '96). I'll post some pics later today.

I noticed you stay at Outdoor Worlds Circle M. How do you like your membership? Is it worth it? We received 30 days free for Travel Resorts of America.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

We're Thousand Trails (which includes Outdoor World) members. We pay a flat rate fee for the year and get 50 nights a year included in it (with some caveats, of course). After that, it's something like $3/night. It's so cheap that we usually reserve an extra day on our bookings so that we don't have to be out by checkout time and can leave whenever we want to get on the road (we are *not* morning people).

I grew up tent camping at small state parks. My idea of camping is pit toilets, pretty significant amount of space between my neighbor and I and a heavily tree'd area. Very rarely did we have a site with electricity and none of them had water on site. Laying it bed at night, you'd hear the owls in the distance, or the train way off and occasionally a wildlife wild fight. There were no pools, minigolf or heck, even a man-made playground.

Thousand Trails/Outdoor World is RVing or glamping. I don't have the same "nature" experience when I'm at a TT park as when I'm in my childhood campground (which we still go to twice a year and are now back at tent camping since I'm afraid to take my 42' camper into that park!). They commonly have pool(s) (even indoor ones), mini golf, playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts and a variety of other activities. About 1/2 of them that I've been to are tree covered (or parts of the park is). Apparently some people prefer the wide open area - keeps their rig cleaner.

They do the zone pass system now. It seems like a pretty good deal- if the parks appeal to you and you use it. For $500 or so, you get access to a zone and get 30 or 50 nights included in that (again, with caveats). The biggest hassle is that it's all first come first serve for picking sites. You make a reservation with the park, but not a specific site. You have to drive around and see what is open and you like.

Spring Gulch is part of the Thousand Trails system. I haven't been there, though. Circle M is decent and I enjoyed the Hershey preserve when we went once. If you're a beach goer, Sea Pines is very near Avalon and Stone Harbor, NJ (just north of Wildwood and Cape May) and is a pretty little "old school"-feeling place.

I like the Thousand Trails parks enough that I split off of my family membership with my dad and step-mom to get my own. We camped for 52 nights last year and are up to 8 this year. Not all of our nights are TT parks, but we get a good bit of use out it. I think last year, our nightly average cost ended up being $22/night for campground fees.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Rockwood Ultra Lite 2910TS.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #6

Nice Pics Wiscampsin. I wish I could have bought an adult rig. Maybe next time. Most of my pictures are from the dealer. I have to check with the wife if she took any pictures last weekend.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #7

Created album for 2013 Rockwood 2910TS

Forest River Forums - NiteNoise's Albums

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...55-albums.html
NiteNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteNoise View Post
We stayed at Spring Gulch in New Holland, PA. The Rockwood 2910TS had the Emerald package and was purchased at Chesaco RV. The salesman was Terry Bickel (sold me first TT in '96). I'll post some pics later today.

I noticed you stay at Outdoor Worlds Circle M. How do you like your membership? Is it worth it? We received 30 days free for Travel Resorts of America.
Congrats on the new Rockwood fellow Marylander. We've been going to Spring Gulch since 1990. Started there tenting, moved up to a Pop-up in 1999, then to a trailer in 2001 and then the motorhome in 2006. We have reservations again for this November. Taking the granddaughters to ride behind Thomas the Tank at the Strasburg RR. Took the tour at Circle M but never committed to it though.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #9

Congratulations on the new RV from Southern Maryland!

Nights camped in 2017(25) 2016(31) 2015(34) 2014(37) 2013(36) 2012(37) 2011(21) 2010(48) 2009(33) 2008(18)
Brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
MI Camperz

Congrats and have a blast!