Old 07-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
Hello from Port Hope Ontario!

Traded in our little KZ spree escape 14 footer for a mini lite 2109s that we pick up Friday. We bought our little one two years ago in hopes that we would like travelling with a camper. We loved it! After our longer trips, DH gets a little stir crazy so since we know we like it so much it was worth a little upgrade. Wanted a little more breathing room, a walk around bed, a bigger fridge and larger holding tanks for parks without services. Checked off all those boxes with the 2109s, now can't wait to pick it up.
I am going to miss our little escape though. It was so easy to tow and so cozy inside. We had permanently turned the dinette into a bed with regular matress pus topper and cozy duvet. DH installed a TV mount at the end of the bed. Very comfy but no real room in bad weather.
Towing thisis one will be a little more work.
We have a 5500 lb towing capacity with a 3704 dry weight so we should be fine. Max about 500 lbs of stuff and we dont like to travel with much water. Just enough to wash hands and flush on the road. So we should still have about 25% wiggle room. We have the E 2 weight distribution hitch the dealer will put on for us. I guess all we can do is wait and see how it feels. Hope we don't have to upgrade, the truck is only a year old!
We are booked for Watkins glen in August - go 24! And our big trip in the fall to Long Key SP, Curry Hammock and Fort Desoto plus 6 days to leisurely get there and 6 days to leisurely get home. We will do some weekend get aways before that as well.
That's our story in a nutshell. I'm eagerly reading up on all the info here. One question. Is there a link on here to download a good PDI checklist I can print and take on Friday. I don't want to miss anything.
Thanks for any help, look forward to reading all the posts!

mini-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper!

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Welcome to the forums from Stratford, Ontario. One thing you definitely need to do is attend a FROG Rally. After that you will feel part of the family.
2012 Silverado 6.6L Duramax Diesel Earnhardt Tribute
2011 Palomino Sabre 31CKTS
Catman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Congratulations on the new camper! Welcome to the forum! I found a few inspection lists somewhere, might suggest using one of the search tools above, either the one in the green box or the other in the green bar. Enjoy!
RasOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Thanks. I will do a search.
My husband took the old one up so they can take the WD off and set up on the new and they had our new one almost ready for us. We don't pick it up for another week. I guess they like to go through them well in advance because most problems occur in the first 48 hours of use. This way they can discover and correct anything they find.
Sounds pretty good to me. Never used this dealer before but they seem on the ball.
It was a sad day though, I'm gonna miss our little "Freda". She was really good to us.
mini-me is offline   Reply With Quote