Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #1

Hello from Redmond WA...with questions

Hello to everyone who has 'hopefully' the same type of Motorhome we just bought. We are now the proud owners of a 32' 2004 FR Georgetown.
Me (the wife) and never driven anything bigger than a camper towing an 18' boat; He (the hubby) recently retired Metro Bus driver (yeah...lucked out didn't I) LOL.
We are though, in a quandary right now. To join a travel club or just take off down highway 101 and take our chances at RV sites we have found.

Question is, what to do?
Anyone want to jump in? PS..2 little dogs and one cat will be with us.
ateepay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Retired on the weekends

There are places to plug in all down the coast of Washington and Oregon. This time of year you'll not have a problem getting in. Between the state parks, good Sam, KOA and private camps you'll have a great time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST RV GROUP
The RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #3

Woodalls has a good campground catalog available at Camping World.

There is also an App available for IPad and IPhone. Look for Good Sam app.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #4

Welcome from Whidbey Island. We have a 2004 GT 35'. We plan our trips roughly but don't make reservarions far ahead unleas ot is a special place that might be hard to get inro. Would rather hang loose.

I use Delorme maps on the PC to plan the route including how far to drive each day. I use Allstays app to find campgrounds. The only "club- we belong to is KOA since we rend to like most of them.

Enjoy yor RV. we have had ours just a year and are very satisfied.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Anacortesians

Your rig is close to ours - an '02 325. I'm also a retired transit coach driver - my second career for 2 years after 28 with Boeing. After horsing a 40-foot coach through downtown Everett in the evening rush hour, our GT is no problem!

At this time of year, the biggest problem you'll encounter is the number of CGs that are closed for the winter. When we went down the Oregon Coast last April, we founs several of the commercial CGs weren't oopen.

We've been RVers for several years and have rarely booked CGs ahead of time. We tend to avoid the weeks between late June and Labor Day, since all the families with school-age kids are out there.

Unfortunately (?), I get to do all the driving, as DW is "altitude challenged". Thanks to the lack of adjusability in the driver's seat (no vertical adjustment) and steering column (not telescopic), it is physically impossible for her to drive it.

I'm not sure how much longer we're going to be able to afford the RV, particularly if the Stae Legislature gets the additional 11 cents a gallon on the gas tax. It's marginal for us already, so the rig might be on the market in the spring.