Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #21
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Well at least we know now thy will not be there this year. Sorry to hear that. Like to see the systefm in person and not on a web site. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=rvlock;938885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I bought your lock last year from LCI at the Goshen rally, then returned it back to them when we found out it's too short to cover the hole from our original FIC lock:

Attachment 84479

We still really like the concept, so are there any plans for a compatible model with our sized handles?

It's hard to tell sometimes from a picture but your existing handle's outside dimensions should be around 3.5″ wide/4.25″ tall. I could provide you with more information if you could share what RV model you have.

I'm not near my trailer today, but a little googling suggests my lock is approximately 3.56" x 5.44" according to FIC's website:

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/products/ttlocks.html

The 44610 Lock on that site is closest in appearance to my original one, and those dimensions compared to yours would coincide with the 1" or so gap I had in my door last year when LCI tried to install it.

Exact make and model of my trailer is on my profile if you need to reference it.

Thanks again for looking at this and I hope this promotes a possible new product that fits. Heck, build a prototype, ship it to me and I'll test-fit it for ya (returns not guaranteed.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #23

Maybe I missed it on the website, but is the keyless V4 lock keypad lighted (backlit)? Just thinking of the worst case (failed to carry a flash light and failed to turn on the scare lights).
2015 Sanibel 3901
OK-3 Wire...Living the dream
Gonetothedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Well at least we know now thy will not be there this year. Sorry to hear that. Like to see the systefm in person and not on a web site. Later RJD

If LCI has some there then you'll be able to see it in person. We did last year.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #25
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Thanks. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:39 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetothedogs View Post
Maybe I missed it on the website, but is the keyless V4 lock keypad lighted (backlit)? Just thinking of the worst case (failed to carry a flash light and failed to turn on the scare lights).
Yes, the keypad portion of the handle is backlit making it easy to access even when it's dark out.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #27
Commercial Member

[QUOTE=Kaadk;938910]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlock View Post

I'm not near my trailer today, but a little googling suggests my lock is approximately 3.56" x 5.44" according to FIC's website:

Products

The 44610 Lock on that site is closest in appearance to my original one, and those dimensions compared to yours would coincide with the 1" or so gap I had in my door last year when LCI tried to install it.

Exact make and model of my trailer is on my profile if you need to reference it.

Thanks again for looking at this and I hope this promotes a possible new product that fits. Heck, build a prototype, ship it to me and I'll test-fit it for ya (returns not guaranteed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Thanks so much for joining the Forum!

(Or perhaps a representative from your company attending?)

Wish List:
I wish someone would come out with a keyless lock system for the "basements" and outdoor kitchens in our RVs

I, too, bought the keyless lock from Lippert last year and, like Kaadk, had to return it because it did not fit our door. Our rig particulars are in my sig below.
We have found that particular handle size is only used less than 10% of the time and we are not planning to design one for that opening size. However, I am happy to let you know we are designing a retrofit plate that will go between the handle and the door to fill the extra space and allow you to use the V4.0 handle. We are a couple of weeks away from releasing this design. I will come back here and notify you when the plate is available. I hope you will give our handle another try with this addition.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #28

Glad to have you on board as a member, rvlock. Love the product--DW bought two of them earlier this year, and I love not having to root for the keys every time I need to put something in or get something out of the camper (which is more often than you'd think.) Great product, very happy with them, and the backlighting was a total surprise, but very cool.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:39 PM   #29

We installed your keyless entry lock on all three of our campers. Wouldn't have it any other way!! Great product!
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #30
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Thanks so much for joining the Forum!

(Or perhaps a representative from your company attending?)

Wish List:
I wish someone would come out with a keyless lock system for the "basements" and outdoor kitchens in our RVs

I, too, bought the keyless lock from Lippert last year and, like Kaadk, had to return it because it did not fit our door. Our rig particulars are in my sig below.
We will be adding new handles to our product line sometime this fall. This will include compartment handles that will meet your wish list and can be installed on your "basements" and outdoor kitchens. I will post when these handles become available.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
Glad to have you on board as a member, rvlock. Love the product--DW bought two of them earlier this year, and I love not having to root for the keys every time I need to put something in or get something out of the camper (which is more often than you'd think.) Great product, very happy with them, and the backlighting was a total surprise, but very cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
We installed your keyless entry lock on all three of our campers. Wouldn't have it any other way!! Great product!
We always appreciate hearing from happy customers and getting feedback about what features they like most about our keyless systems. Thanks for contributing!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:31 AM   #32

Quote:
We will be adding new handles to our product line sometime this fall. This will include compartment handles that will meet your wish list and can be installed on your "basements" and outdoor kitchens. I will post when these handles become available.
Ohhhh...basement handles....now THAT I would be all over....and for the record I have the new v4 locks on the way for my doors....I had the other brand before and I took it off and moved it to the rear door...the touch screen was too dang picky/sensitive /frustrating. ....and no key fob....!!!
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:44 AM   #33

I just purchased a Vengeance 19v last weekend and it has the keyless entry. I am able to type in the code it get it to lock but I cant get it to unlock using the code.
kogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #34

Problems Unlocking

So, you couldn't type in the digit code to unlock. Now the questions is...does the key fob work to unlock? If the key fob works, then one of the manual digit pads may not be working correctly. You may want to start over by following the "Code reset" button and re-program the lock. I just installed two of the RVLock Keyless locks and had no problems.
2015 Sanibel 3901
Old 08-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #35

I would type in the code to lock and it would lock no problem. Just when I would retype the code it wouldnt unlock. It's the exact 4 digit code and enter button to unlock and lock correct?
They key fob works fine. I will try resetting again tonight.
kogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #36

KOgden, I understand your frustration. I would try the reset/reprogram the lock one time. Remember, you will have to "relearn or reprogram" the key fob as well. In any case, if this does not work, you should contact RVLock customer service at support@rvlock.com and they should be able to help troubleshoot and fix the problem. Good luck.
2015 Sanibel 3901
Old 11-04-2015, 03:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Been a bit quiet here for the past couple of months....any updates on the Basement Combo Locks?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:49 PM   #38
Commercial Member

For those that were interested, we just released our Comparment/Basement Locks last week. Their launch took a little longer than previously expected but you can find them on the website now.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #39

Rvlock has "Great,Super,Fantastic" help desk! I was having a issue with programing our remote door lock,called Rvlock and the girl had us up and running in short order! I just want to let Members know that RVlock is a standup Company! Youroo!!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #40

Please come up with some sort of thin plate backer option to use behind the lock on the outside. Would cover Paint or decal gaps, or if the existing hole is larger. Create a way the strike pins can be shimmed longer or shorter, or provide three different length pins. Also, use metal knobs on inside. Still would not have lined up with my screen door opening, but I would have modified my screen door. Have a disabled adult daughter who can use a keypad, not keys. A keypad lock would literally be a life changer for us.

Unless installed at factory, the manufacturers are not likely accurate enough for you to provide one size fits all, or even most..
Dp26 is offline   Reply With Quote