Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #1

Hello from San Diego

Picking up a 12 Solera next week. This is my first RV and I'm clueless. Leaving on a cross country trip with my 6 year old son in early June. Any travel tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been across the country in cars probably 30 times, have slept in my car or hotels in the past. I would probably be less worried if my son wasn't coming with me, but he is the reason I bought it in the 1st place. I have my orientation Monday. I have no idea what I need to buy. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
MikeFletcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFletcher24
Picking up a 12 Solera next week. This is my first RV and I'm clueless. Leaving on a cross country trip with my 6 year old son in early June. Any travel tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been across the country in cars probably 30 times, have slept in my car or hotels in the past. I would probably be less worried if my son wasn't coming with me, but he is the reason I bought it in the 1st place. I have my orientation Monday. I have no idea what I need to buy. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Welcome mike!
Better do a lot of reading on here this weekend!
I recommend the faq forum.
Good luck
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #3

Thanks
MikeFletcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Paulina & Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFletcher24
We are just completing our first cross country trip. Went the southern route from California to Key West Florida in our little 18 ft R-Pod and then drove up to Tennessee and traded it for a 27ft Coachmen Catalina. Came back on the 40 through the center of the country. Had a great time! What route are you planning to take?