Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #21

JerseyGirl-

Greetings from just up the road - Washington Township, NJ

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:05 AM   #22

Hey Jersey People.

Since I've detected several residents of the Garden state, I thought I'd take advantage of the gathering to ask about Campgrounds. We're heading to my sisters place in Brick NJ this summer for a family Reunion.

We're looking for a campground nearby so we can avoid the bathroom waiting lines caused by 25+ people in the 1.5 Bathroom beach house. Any suggestions?

btw..I'm from Michigan now but grew up in Hudson County
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #23

Hi from cape may nj, we are waiting on snow now hope they are wrong
chris d 404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #24

Well...it's snowing again. I *really* hope this is winter's death throes and we're seeing the last of the white stuff!

SimchaSabre, there are a few places to camp near Brick. The closest may be Allaire State Park. It's not idyllic (you can hear the traffic on the Garden State Parkway)and you have to be super guarded against ticks. But that's the case everywhere in NJ!This is s state park and therefore no hookups. But right across the road is Allaire Village, an old iron mill from the 18th and 19th centuries. It's a nice way to spend a few hours. I believe campers don't need to pay admission, but if you do it's by the car and not too pricey.

Allaire State Forest
Allaire Village

Allaire Reserve America

A little further away is Turkey Swamp Park. It's a Monmouth County park but it's really a gem. It feels like it's in the middle of everything, yet is is one of the few places to camp in New Jersey that has ZERO traffic noise. We have these giant state forests that have the campgrounds located on the edge near a highway. Mist were built by the CCCs in the Great Depression, so I guess traffic noise was less of an issue! But anyway, Turkey Swamp is great. Water and both 50 and 30 amp service. No on-site sewer but there's a dump station, of course. It's lovely. But it's chigger heaven there. Watch out! You have to call to make reservations. Old school!

Turkey Swamp

A little further away is Brendan Byrne State Forest. It's the top of the Pine Barrens. Typical state park camping, no hookups. But usually empty-ish. It doesn't offer much, so maybe that's why.

Brendan Byrne State Forest

I found this list of camping near Brick. I can't vouch for any of the private campgrounds as I have never actually been to one. Plus, I grew up in Point Pleasant, so when I went camping I headed to the north, up by the Delaware Water Gap.

Good luck, and have fun at the reunion!
Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #25

Another hello from North West Jersey close to the Delaware Water Gap. So tired of all this crappy weather
Spring can't come soon enough.
CLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #26

X2... Allaire and Turkey Swamp

Allaire- Dry Camping

Turkey Swamp- W/E but bring extra hoses and power cords... have used 100' hose there before depending on site...

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #27

Since we have so many people responding from NJ area... Anybody interested in attending a FROG rally this fall?

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 03-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #28

Where is it?
CLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #29

Jersey Girl,

Still snowing here in MI too. We plan on leaving in about 3 weeks for our first "post retirement" road trip. Still ~2 ft of snow on the ground, but I snow blew a path in front of the camper so that we can make our getaway in case the spring thaw comes late this year.

Thanks for the Jersey Info. I'm digging thru it now. The Jersey trip is still in the planning stage, but, I know we will be in Brick the last week of July thru about Aug 3. Then it will be on to the 2015 FROG International Rally in Goshen, IN. It looks like you are new to the Forum, so you may not be aware if this great rally. It is definitely worth the trip if you can arrange the time. This will be our 4th.

Thanx
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
snow