Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Hello from south central PA

Hi everybody,
We are new to camping and we are scheduled to pick up our Salem Cruise Lite 195BH a week from tomorrow. We plan on camping all over PA and we wanted to start with an entry level unit and then see how bad we have the "camping bug". We are about two years away from retirement and we wanted to get a couple of years of experience under our belts before we expand our horizons in the camping world. Our goal is to make lots of new friends and see as many of the places that we are interested in as we possibly can. I am already making a list of newbie questions to bombard you with. We are grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this group. Thank you all. Michael and Barb.

mjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the forums Michael and Barb. Good to have you here and fire away with those questions!

Enjoy you new trailer!

(I bet that you find yourselves bitten by the "camping bug" pretty hard )

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Hi, From Sw Pa. we took our first trip in Oct. and I'm in love with camping now. Our first trip was to Raystown Lake in Huntingdon Pa. Can't wait for the next trip. Welcome and Enjoy! Lisa
jaydash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Hi,from HersheyPa. My wife and I are also newbie campers.We picked up our 3010DS from Tom Scaffer's this past summer.We have been out a few times but not nearly enough so we are planning for next year. Welcome aboard I'm sure you will find this forum useful.
Chas69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Also from PA, just Northeast of Allentown near the Pocono's. Welcome to the Forum, have been camping all my life but, just recently bought a used Travel Trailer to use with my own family.

Fire away with the questions is right, everyone is VERY helpful.

Good luck and Happy Camping!
Flagstaffer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Hello from Northeast PA. Welcome to the wonderful world of Camping. We've been enjoying it for 28 years. We go to Lancaster twice a year.
Attached Images
Tarcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Hello from York Pa. You will love it, we just retired and went full time in our MH. Doing Florida over the winter and back to Pa. In the summer plus traveling. Try Buttonwood in central Pa, it's nice there. Enjoy
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
Salem, VA

2011 Dodge Ram
2013 Rockwood 8319SS
dsotmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Welcome from Artemas, PA.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Hello, from southern York County!
That same bug bit us this year too. In PA we camped at Raystown Lake, Granite Hill Gettysburg, and a nice little place in Newville called Dogwood Acres. All very good experiences.
I found this forum to be the best source of info, tips, tricks and even laughs from folks who have been there/done that!

2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax
2006 Wildwood 27BHSS
DeeMax is offline   Reply With Quote