Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #21
GMG

Wow! All of these welcomes are fantastic!! Thank you all so much!!

Jmkjr72 - Are you talking about Belmont, WI? We have never been to that exact area of the state. I know we are looking at a prediction of rain for Friday through Sunday. Hope where you plan to camp has better weather!

DennisTD - SE WI?! Well, Hi neighbor!

DaGrinch - That is quite the cool Welcome!
GMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #22

Yes we picked our camper up in Belmont wi. We live near the dells. We haven't decided if we will head to sky high or devils lake st park
Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #23

Took the new 2902ws out for its inaugural trip at a local campground. Tested all the systems and dewinterized. Everything is great so far and we love the floor plan. Favorite features include the full queen bed, the kitchen with large pantry and the good-sized bathroom. Also love all the seating options in the living room. Looking forward to a great camping season!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	396.8 KB
ID:	133553
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:46 PM   #24
GMG

Thank you so much for posting your photo, Rob!! I was just sitting here thinking about our new rig and when we might hear from our dealer.

Your trailer looks great! Sounds like you and your family will have a lot of camping enjoyment ahead of you!!

I was wondering about personal messaging you about the condition of it when you picked it up. Sounds like it went well.

Mrs. GMG has accumulated a multitude of PDI checklists that she has at the ready for us. I can only guess how long we'll be there before we hand over the check. She said that we were lucky the first time we picked up our Passport. I have to agree. She is less than subtly hinting about going on a factory tour and hopefully timing it to see ours being made. Sounds like I will be calling the dealership on Monday morning.

Again, enjoy and keep us posted!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #25

Yeah it was a wet weekend but we were out camping next weekend we are heading to waupaca going to heartman creek. Funny reread your first post we saw the current salem ultra light version of what we bought at the madison show the dealer we talked with left a bad taste in our mouth so instead of buying just down the road we went 1.5 hours and actually found a used unit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17349655_10210643863507463_2661904903794261752_o.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	133561   Click image for larger version

Name:	17546845_10154530765582712_8086640749832230337_o.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	133562  
Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMG View Post
Thank you so much for posting your photo, Rob!! I was just sitting here thinking about our new rig and when we might hear from our dealer.

Your trailer looks great! Sounds like you and your family will have a lot of camping enjoyment ahead of you!!

I was wondering about personal messaging you about the condition of it when you picked it up. Sounds like it went well.

Mrs. GMG has accumulated a multitude of PDI checklists that she has at the ready for us. I can only guess how long we'll be there before we hand over the check. She said that we were lucky the first time we picked up our Passport. I have to agree. She is less than subtly hinting about going on a factory tour and hopefully timing it to see ours being made. Sounds like I will be calling the dealership on Monday morning.

Again, enjoy and keep us posted!

Hi there. Yes, everything went well during PDI though it was too cold then to test the water systems. The camper appears in very good condition. I peeked at the roof but didn't walk on it. We camped two nights this weekend and it got a bit chilly so the furnace got a workout. Note that the single heat vent in the bedroom doesn't put out much air flow. We're thinking about changing out the two vents in the living room/kitchen with vents that have dampers so that we can route more warm air to the bedroom. One other thing to note: the two tank dumps are pretty far apart so you may need an extra hose when connecting to the sewer. We used everything but the air conditioning which we'll test next time. We loved the new shower...so much larger and nicer than our previous camper. If you have your PDI checklist I'm sure you'll have a good experience. Hope you love your 2902!
RShelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #27

Welcome from Colorado (former Wisconsinite - Lake Geneva, specifically)!!!
2019 Days Camped: 5, but many more planned!
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #28
GMG

Been away from the forum for about a week and a half while catching up on "stuff" and having to deal with a stomach bug that seems to be in our area.

The good news is that we have a factory tour reservation and really hope that our rig is made that day. Hotel reservation is made as is the kennel for our dog. Mrs. GMG is planning our dining as well as some shopping. We might even get to squeeze in a buggy ride/tour.

We haven't been this excited about a delivery since our grandchildren were born!!
Old 04-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #29
GMG

Thanks Maman325 for the welcome!!

Lake Geneva is just down the road (highway.) We love the LG area except try to bypass it during the summer. Traffic is unbelievable unless we can manage to drive through town before breakfast.!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #30

factory tour

That sounds exciting! Hope you get to see yours being built!
We just got home yesterday from our trip to Sanibel, FL. Made the trip without any issues. Had a great time in great weather!!!
Make sure you get a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system)
https://tsttruck.com/ and a Progressive Industries surge/electrical protector
Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea
for your new trailer!!!
Let us know how your tour goes!!!
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:21 PM   #31
GMG

Hi everyone!

We have been MIA for awhile but haven't forgotten all of you on the forums!!

We did get to go on our tour at the Rockwood plant in Millersburg. We had spoken with out contact person, Anthony Yoder, about the possibility of going a day earlier than planned. Turns out, that was the day that our rig was scheduled to be on the line after all. We were there really early but our unit was scheduled later that day.

The work crew was amazing! So was Anthony! He jumped in and helped move a unit on the line whenever he thought they needed a little boost. He is an extremely knowledgeable young man. We actually got to walk into one of the trailers about halfway down the line! Poor Mrs. GMG was so anxious that we were going to be in their way. Those guys really move!! We were more than favorably impressed with the operation.

So, we have our PDI next week Wednesday. We have made some purchases of accessories. Mrs. GMG wants to get "the feel" of the RV before we buy too much more for the interior. We have a list of our big ticket additions that we plan to purchase in the immediate future which does include TPMS and back up/observation camera system.

It's good to be back!