Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #1

Thumbs up Hello from Southern CA - New Owner (to me) 2010 26TBSS

Just picked up a Forest River Wildwod 26TBSS. After a couple days detailing it appears it was never used or towed except the trip from Missouri to CA and some limited camping where it was stored. Really nice unit. I would consider it "brand new". Only had to pick up a couple items. bunk ladder, plastic latch, reciever for bike rack. Just learned about Winterizing... Lots of pink antifreeze which i had never seen. Had to figure out the valves and flushing after a bit of leakage. Guess the next step is draining and sanitizing the system. Never camped where it gets cold being city folk from Los Angeles. Spend time on the coast from San Diego to Santa Barbara at one beach annnually called "Jalama".
Love the giant slide and A/C. It is just what we needed after 12 years in a 19ft Prowler TT with family of 4. My friends tell me the wife will still fill it with too much stuff. Ill get a nigt in it at home to test out and then Memorial weekend in San Diego for its innagural. Thanks for letting me join.
Rik in SoCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik in SoCAL View Post
Just picked up a Forest River Wildwod 26TBSS. After a couple days detailing it appears it was never used or towed except the trip from Missouri to CA and some limited camping where it was stored. Really nice unit. I would consider it "brand new". Only had to pick up a couple items. bunk ladder, plastic latch, reciever for bike rack. Just learned about Winterizing... Lots of pink antifreeze which i had never seen. Had to figure out the valves and flushing after a bit of leakage. Guess the next step is draining and sanitizing the system. Never camped where it gets cold being city folk from Los Angeles. Spend time on the coast from San Diego to Santa Barbara at one beach annnually called "Jalama".
Love the giant slide and A/C. It is just what we needed after 12 years in a 19ft Prowler TT with family of 4. My friends tell me the wife will still fill it with too much stuff. Ill get a nigt in it at home to test out and then Memorial weekend in San Diego for its innagural. Thanks for letting me join.

Welcome and sounds like you are on your way with your new rig.
I live in Arizona and do like southern California during the hot summers here. Usually go to Chula Vista area and being retired military Camp Pendleton which has 3 campgrounds. Two on the beach and one inland at a lake. Always interested in finding good places to camp.
I know what you mean about DW filling up with stuff.
I now have a 38ft motorhome and I think we are already overloaded.

Have fun.
Iggy in the cool part of Arizona.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forums from another SoCal member!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbss