Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #1

Hello from the Damron's in Shenandoah, PA

Hello I would like to say hi we are the Damron's we just bought a 1997 Rockwood T2306 and are new to the Camper World. I have a little work to do to it before I start camping with it.. hope I have it done before Summer.. I have me, my wife and six kids.. we loved camping in the tents. but I cant now because I am handicapped now. so we finally talked the wife into letting me get a camper.. and so we did. Any help with Tips and Tricks would be Great.

John & Eyvonn

1997 Rockwood T2306
Damrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the Forum! The biggest tip I can give you at this point, is to be patient and ask questions here first. There's a lot of experience lurking in here and someone has probably already done whatever you're about do.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome John! Congratulations on your new trailer.

Aquaman's advice is excellent! Lots to learn here, in both the forum and in the FRF Library.

Your first few trips will tell you a lot about what you need to know for your particular camper. I'd advise some camping in your driveway, with a pad of paper and pencil to write down items that you will need to buy or have questions on.

Also, I suggest that you create departure and arrival checklists.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #5

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #6

Thanks Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Welcome to the Forum! The biggest tip I can give you at this point, is to be patient and ask questions here first. There's a lot of experience lurking in here and someone has probably already done whatever you're about do.
Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome.. the first problem I am working on right now is the Camper had a Leak so right now we are about to work on that.. roof leak.. two owners before me took out the Antenna and put a patch over the hole and after a few years.. it started leaking again. and the last owner did not notice it till it was too late.. so I have a TOTAL roof redo. does any one know if the rubber roof that was on it can be reused? (old one) or do I actually have to buy a new one.. hope I can use the old one.. because I am retired.. have to pay for the new one that is over 1000.00. and then adding new panel in one spot inside.. thank got that is all that is bad..

1997 Rockwood T2306
Damrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #7

Welcome John to the best forum on the internet!!! The forum is great because of the great members. You certainly came to the right place and don't be shy asking questions for sure. Also, use the search feature for questions because just about anything has already been discussed and the threads are still sitting there with the discussions.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote