Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #1

Hello from the Florida Keys

We're new to camping. Next week we pick up our new (used 2010 V-Cross 27VFK) travel trailer. We're excited about being able to travel and having a home on wheels to take our fur family along with us! Our home base is Big Pine Key, FL. Since we're new to the world of camping and travel trailers, I'm sure we'll have some basic questions to get us up to speed. We have an 1800 mile trip to pick up the camper, then 1800 miles to camp to bring it back to home base. We already have reservations at several State Parks along the journey!

Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2010 V-Cross 27VFK. Lots of friendly, helpful and knowledgable people here willing to help with questions.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #4

Congrats and welcome!
http://campingbuddys.shutterfly.com/
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
H2oski

WELCOME just 1 question? Why leave??? We love the Keys can't wait to go back!!!!!

HAHA I guess that's the outsider in me talking. Enjoy.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #6

Welcome Sounds like a major trip coming up ~ and a great adventure. My first thought is camp your first couple of nights near a Wally World til you are comfortable with what you have or see what you need.

Have a good trip
Old 05-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrailswithcats View Post
We're new to camping. Next week we pick up our new (used 2010 V-Cross 27VFK) travel trailer. We're excited about being able to travel and having a home on wheels to take our fur family along with us! Our home base is Big Pine Key, FL. Since we're new to the world of camping and travel trailers, I'm sure we'll have some basic questions to get us up to speed. We have an 1800 mile trip to pick up the camper, then 1800 miles to camp to bring it back to home base. We already have reservations at several State Parks along the journey!
Welcome and enjoy the Keys. My DW and I were down there in Jan and Feb this year. Expect lots of traffic all the way out on mile zero. They were rebuilding the roads when we were there.

If you like fish and chips you have to drive back to Marathon Island and check out this place for lunch.

Keys Fisheries Market & Marina

3502 Gulfview Avenue
Marathon, FL 33050

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #8

Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome. It is Wisconsin that we are headed to for the trailer... my home state where I grew up! The Keys are lovely, but sometimes you want to "get off the rock!" And having a trailer to take our pets along should be great! We'll try out a few short trips around Florida with the pets before any major trips. I like the idea of Wally World camping! I'm sure there's lots of things we haven't thought of that we will need! Keys Fisheries is a great restaurant. We frequent it off season when the lines aren't so long! We're full-timers in the Keys but looking forward to being able to leave for part of the dreaded "H" season! Thanks again everyone!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrailswithcats View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. It is Wisconsin that we are headed to for the trailer... my home state where I grew up! The Keys are lovely, but sometimes you want to "get off the rock!" And having a trailer to take our pets along should be great! We'll try out a few short trips around Florida with the pets before any major trips. I like the idea of Wally World camping! I'm sure there's lots of things we haven't thought of that we will need! Keys Fisheries is a great restaurant. We frequent it off season when the lines aren't so long! We're full-timers in the Keys but looking forward to being able to leave for part of the dreaded "H" season! Thanks again everyone!
You can alway come to Arizona in the summer as a change in climate.
Its just dry heat here.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You can alway come to Arizona in the summer as a change in climate.
Its just dry heat here.
So is the inside of our kitchen oven!! LOL!

To happytrailswithcats-

Welcome to the Forums and hope you have many fun, memorable and trouble free trips with your new camper!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote