Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #1

Hello from the Noobs in Jersey!!

Hello all,
I've already posted an introduction however in the wrong place and laced with questions, so now to properly introduce myself.
I've always been a fan of the outdoors, nature and toys weather it be riding quads, boating in the Atlantic, and playing homeowner landscaper.
My wife and I have two daughters, 5&7, and our goal is to make them as well rounded individuals as possible, which isn't easy in many ways.
Last fall we took a weekend trip to Knoebels with another family and I saw a great potential for attaining my goal. We had such a great time! We were able to be a family without the gadgets, the neighborhood kids, or any other distraction. And I got to teach the kids some great lessons that would have never presented themselves in the suburbs.
So the wife and I plan to do away with the bi-annual vacation and start doing more weekend trips, and weeklong trips instead. We are looking forward to just walking, fishing, swimming and my favorite RELAXING without distractions.
I have already been the recipient of a lot of valuable insight and advice in the few days that I've been a member of this forum, an I hope that one day I can somehow contribute in kind. Thanks again for the education and hopefully our paths will cross.
Agewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

Welcome from Maryland and many here camp for those very reasons, us included. We so enjoy having our family time while we show our kids that there is so much more to our country than our life here in the suburbs. The memories we are making are priceless. We looked at campers for years while we tent camped before we settled on one. We gave it a lot of thought of how we were going to use it and found one that fit our needs and wants. Rv shows are great for that. Hope to see you around the campfire one day.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #3

Agwon-

Welcome! In NJ as well (northern - near Paramus)... we were in the same situation as you were... Just traded in our 2011 Roo 23SS hybrid for a 2014 Rockwood Ultralite 8312SS Diamond Edition. Our girls are about the same age 7 & 9... Knoebels is a blast - we have been there twice and are planning on a third visit in July. We have been lucky enough to rack up about 30+ nights a year for the last 4 years.

There are a bunch of great places within two hours... make sure to visit Turkey Swamp County Park (Freehold), Spruce Run State Park (off 78 in Clinton), and Allaire State Park... All of these are great for weekend trips...

We are starting our season the first weekend of April this year and hope to have three or four trips in before the kids let out of school.

Where are you in NJ? Maybe our paths will cross at some point.

Dieselbobcat
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #4

We are in Middletown, about 7 miles from sandy hook.
I just pulled the trigger on the new Cruiser 3150bhs. Negotiations were a pain as usual but I've got to say that I'm happy with the small, family owned dealership. Scott motor coach in Lakewood.
Hopefully I can grab the unit next weekend when my tow mirrors come in, and she'll be sitting in the yard for a bit so now I'm off to scour the forum for more information.
I must say, this forum has been great! Replies are nearly immediate, the knowledge base is incredible, and some of the mods people have done are stirring my creative juices. Thanks again everyone.
Agewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #5

Glad to see you crossed that bridge.
Welcome to the forums.