Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #1

Hello from the Upper Left Coast!

Well, we pulled the trigger yesterday, and traded in our old fiver for a (barely) used 2013 Columbus 295RL at Camping World in Burlington, WA. Clean as a whistle inside and out. I honestly could not find any evidence that this RV had ever been used at all. Same old story, owner plagued by health issues, not able to use it, so consigned it for sale. It was a screaming deal, and we did not pick it out so much as it picked US out! This is a HUGE upgrade for us in every way! We are going from one slide to three slides, with more room, more amenities, and considerably higher quality. We are tickled pink, and can't wait to get her home!

We just returned (in our old fiver) from six weeks in Casa Grande, AZ, at Palm Creek Resort, and we enjoyed it so much we reserved for three months for next year! Looking forward to having the Columbus at Palm Creek next year!

We live in Birch Bay (Blaine), WA, which is right on the Canadian border, and truly is the Upper Left Corner if you don't count the Olympic Peninsula. We look out our window to the Strait of Georgia and Saturna Island. I just retired January 1, 2014, and Patty and I sold our home of 27 years in Fall City, WA, 25 miles east of Seattle, and moved to our little vacation place that we have owned for 25 years.

We travel with a dog, Baxter, a 9 year old Lhasa Apso, and our 2 or 3 year old cat, CopyCat, not sure of age because she was a rescue cat, but she is very, very sweet, and a good traveler.

Our other interests are boating and motor scooters. We have a 2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser that we cruise in the San Juan Islands and Canadian Gulf Islands. For scoots I have a 2014 Honda Forza and Patty just picked up her ride, a new left over 2013 Honda PCX150. She has to take the motorcycle safety course yet, but is signed up for April. We are still puzzling how to get the scoots to Arizona next year, I think we will use an auto transport company, will cost a few $$$ but we need them to explore the blue roads of Central Arizona! If anybody has any better ideas, please contact us!

Drop me a line if any of you are going to be in or near Birch Bay or Whatcom County, Washington, and we can meet for a beer or something!
2006 Silverado 3500 Duramax Allison
Pat Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:34 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2013 Columbus 295RL .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #3

Congratulations! You sound like you are thrilled with the camper. Hope you enjoy and have many great adventures! I'm envious as I've been up to where you live many times and it's beautiful country to be able to just look out a window daily to see!

Old 03-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #4

If it works for you the it is you, gotta go with the flow.

Congratulations and welcome to the forums from SW Idaho.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #5

Welcome from Georgia

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your new Columbus.
I'm a Bellingham Boy and I miss the area. Nothing like it here.
2gwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #6

Welcome from Oregon and congrats on the new Columbus! I have lots of family in the Ferndale/B'ham area. My grandparents owned a cabin at Birch Bay and I spent every summer up there when I was growing up. I might be up that way visiting family later this summer. If so, I'll drop you a line and maybe we can meet for that beer!

Laura
Old 03-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #7

Welcome from almost the upper left corner (Whidbey Island). Congrats on your new rig.

No suggestions on how to transport the bikes. We often go to Birch Bay. We will have the GT at Horizon Park for several weeks this summer while we volunteer at the Lions camp,
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:14 PM   #8

Thanks for all the replies! Hope to hook up with any of you coming here or near here any time!
Old 03-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #9
Site Team

Welcome to FRF, from your neighbor to the south, on Camano Island.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:38 PM   #10

Dan, we have good friends on Camano Island, Garry and Vicki Anderson, they are building their new home there. Camano is a beautiful place!
Old 03-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #11
Anacortesians

Welcome from a little further south. We're on the "top edge". Unfortunately, we've had to retire from the RV life - it just got too expensive. We sold our Georgetown Class A through Dreamchasers, next door to CW.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #12
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Welcome new FROGs & congrats on the purchase of your (almost) new Columbus from us folks along the upper 3rd coast (Spring TX, north of Houston). Used to live south of you in Spanaway (2 AF tours at McChord) more than 38 years ago, dang, how time flys! Enjoy your new 5er and the great NW. We plan on being up that way next year to rediscover what WA & the Pacific coast has to offer, maybe we'll catch you out & about for some coffee over the campfire.
Travel safe & enjoy your journeys!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
Welcome from a little further south. We're on the "top edge". Unfortunately, we've had to retire from the RV life - it just got too expensive. We sold our Georgetown Class A through Dreamchasers, next door to CW.
Sorry you are not able to continue RV'ing. I know it can be expensive!

We love Anacortes! Gear-a-Deli is one of our favorites!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:20 AM   #14

not trying to be "nosey"

hey been where y'all are from in the mid 70's, I have some old navy buddies from the rock, one lives right there in coupville, wow it's a small internet, ROTFLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevillefish View Post
Welcome from almost the upper left corner (Whidbey Island). Congrats on your new rig.

No suggestions on how to transport the bikes. We often go to Birch Bay. We will have the GT at Horizon Park for several weeks this summer while we volunteer at the Lions camp,
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupevillefish View Post

Let me know when you are at Horizon Park, and I will see if I can pedal my bike over to say hello!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #16
Anacortesians

Pat:

We live in the Skyline neighborhood, just over the ridge south of the ferry terminal. Another neat place for breakfast or lunch is "The Store". It's on the stretch of Commercial just south of the roundabout where highway 20 heads east. It's quieter than Gere-a-Deli and does great food. It's our favorite for lunch.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #17

Thanks for the tip on The Store!
Old 03-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Anderson View Post
Let me know when you are at Horizon Park, and I will see if I can pedal my bike over to say hello!
Will do. I'll PM you as the date approaches.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:30 PM   #19

Hey Pat,
We're in Seattle and hope to take some weekend trips this summer to places around the area. Just picked up our very first trailer. I'm very excited. Looking forward to getting out with the hubby, pups, and good friends.
When we start heading out I'll touch base to seek suggestions for some good parks in the area.

Congrats on your new trailer!
KikiJMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiJMT View Post
Hey Pat,
We're in Seattle and hope to take some weekend trips this summer to places around the area. Just picked up our very first trailer. I'm very excited. Looking forward to getting out with the hubby, pups, and good friends.
When we start heading out I'll touch base to seek suggestions for some good parks in the area.

Congrats on your new trailer!
Good for you! What kind of trailer? Be glad to make some suggestions!