Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #1

Hello from Upper Michgian

Just joined this forum today. My wife and I are just in the process of selling our 39.5 ft fifth wheel and diesel pickup. The new owners are excited to close and get on the road. The fifth wheel is a 2012 model and is an awesome unit but we find it too large to move around with. We are now looking at a Forest River, Solera either in the 24s or 24R model. Spoke to a dealership in lower Michigan and he said the new 2015 R has been redesigned with a lower profile and a wider body to prevent roll effect. We rented a Navion a few years ago for a trip out East and ranted and raved how much we liked traveling in it. Never had any type of roll problem so I am not sure what he was referring to. Should be able to get down to the dealership in a few weeks and looks at some and hopefully buy from the lot or order one. I'd like the rear stabilizer option and an outside TV if it's available. Does anyone know if they have the outside TV option on the Solera? I did not see it on their website. Excited to be here and will post as events happen. Going to snoop around and see what info I can find on the Solera in the mean time.
smitty8934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #2

Welcome from Southeast Michigan! Tons of great information and good people on here!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin. You've got some beautiful places to camp in the UP.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote