Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #1

Hello from Washington State

Have purchased a new 2017 5th Wheel, Primetime Sanibel 3591. Before we got to the date for the PDI we got a call that the power converter was bad and had to be replaced. PDI cancelled a second time waiting for converter part. Now just found out that one of the landing pad hydraulic piston was leaking and needs replaced. Found out that there were no spares available anywhere so they had to go to "the manufacturer" of the piston to have one made?? then it gets sent to Forest River then to Washington state to put it on. I asked for one to be taken from another unit and they said they will not do that or they cannot sell the unit it was taken from. Where is customer service???

Short story of a long process, still over a month and a half and never been camping yet! Making payments on a unit sitting at the dealer never been off the lot!

Don't buy a unit from Blue Dog RV's (over 10 locations)
framatome1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by framatome1030 View Post
Have purchased a new 2017 5th Wheel, Primetime Sanibel 3591. Before we got to the date for the PDI we got a call that the power converter was bad and had to be replaced. PDI cancelled a second time waiting for converter part. Now just found out that one of the landing pad hydraulic piston was leaking and needs replaced. Found out that there were no spares available anywhere so they had to go to "the manufacturer" of the piston to have one made?? then it gets sent to Forest River then to Washington state to put it on. I asked for one to be taken from another unit and they said they will not do that or they cannot sell the unit it was taken from. Where is customer service???

Short story of a long process, still over a month and a half and never been camping yet! Making payments on a unit sitting at the dealer never been off the lot!

Don't buy a unit from Blue Dog RV's (over 10 locations)
EVERYONE. PLEASE,NEVER,sign off on a purchase before pdi,and everthing,found wrong fixed.[emoji33]
httntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:04 AM   #3
Site Team

In my internet research, Blue Dog has a reputation almost as bad as Camping World.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washington