Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #1

Hello From Wauconda, IL

Hi all. We have been mostly tent camping and recently acquired a pop-up from wifes cousin. But, we really are trying to make a larger tow behind feasible. With 4 kids ages 2-13, we really like the ones with 4 bunks and a queen bed.

Any suggestions on what to look for? Our budget is less then 10k. What brands/model are more reliable, easier maintenance, etc.. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

We are going today to look at a 2002 FOREST RIVER SALEM 32BH that they are asking $6,500 for. Any issues with this brand/model? What should i look for/at?

Thank you all and hope to be part of the community
Alex
HiccaBurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #2

Welcome from Bartlett IL. I know you say your budget is 10K, but our Cherokee 32B is up for sale asking $15,795 OBO. Also the Excursion is up for sale once the trailer sells.

What are you using that will tow the larger trailer?

Again welcome

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #3

Hi Dodge guy(who owns a Ford??) LOL Tell me more about your trailer. Any issues? Why are you selling? Etc.. This must be your listing.. 2007 Forest River Cherokee 32B for sale in Bartlett, Illinois - RVTraderOnline.com

Also, tell me more about your Excursion. We might be in the market for one as well

Alex
HiccaBurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #4

to the forum and good luck in your search for a camper.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiccaBurp View Post
Hi Dodge guy(who owns a Ford??) LOL Tell me more about your trailer. Any issues? Why are you selling? Etc.. This must be your listing.. 2007 Forest River Cherokee 32B for sale in Bartlett, Illinois - RVTraderOnline.com

Also, tell me more about your Excursion. We might be in the market for one as well

Alex
Hello. used to work as a tech at a Dodge dealer, that`s where Dodge Guy came from. yes that is my ad, I think I have some pics in the classified section in this forum. no issues at all with the trailer. we use it quite often in the summer. we tow it everywhere, Minoqua WI. and the Smoky MTNS. last year. this year to Mackinaw MI. and hopefully to Disney this year. we are selling because we would like to go to a motorhome. the ad has a good description of the trailer.

My Excursion I bought with 17k miles on it. it now has 58K miles, it`s a loaded XLT 4X4 (leather power seat(S), adjustable pedals, factory tow mirrors, everything a limited has minus heated, memory seats and Automatic Temp Control) has the V-10 and 4.30 gears. originally it had 3.73`s, but I prsonally swapped over to the 4.30`s (a factory optional ratio).

Hope this helps.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote