Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #1

Hello from Wisconsin

After 10 years in a Montana we traded into a Columbus 320RS this spring in Texas. We enjoyed the Montana but it seemed like every time we used it we were also fixing it. We can't say enough about the Columbus. So far we love it. After getting a few issues taken care of we have had only one problem on 4 weekend trips. The majority of our camping comes in the winter as we become "Winter Texans" for 3 months. It was in Texas that we traded in our Montana for the Columbus. We are a little concerned about the dealerships fixing the trailer. On our last trip I filled the fresh water tank so we would have water in the event the thunderstorms that were predicted knocked out power, which happens quite often where we were camped. Our 12v pumping system didn't work. The pump would run (for quite a while) until it pressurized the system then once you opened a faucet with the pump running the flow drops to almost zero. We called the closest Forest River Dealer to our home, I-94 RV and the service rep was nice enough to tell me what I could do to possibly fix the problem. BUT...the first words he used were..."You didn't buy that here, did you?". He stated we could then drop off the unit and they would get to it eventually. What irritates us is it is still under the one year warranty and we purchased the 7 year extended warranty. I shouldn't have to be advised how to repair anything. I am mechanically capable, but after two back surgeries, neck fusion, two shoulder surgeries, and a knee replacement, crawling into or around these units isn't as simple as when we were young, which is why we paid for the warranties. I hope this is an exception to Forrest River's dealerships as I would hate to wait until I get back to Texas every year for repairs, even simple ones like this. Enough complaining. Hello, Tim & Cathy here from Kenosha, Wi. We love camping and have been doing it since 1981. We will be in the Pioneer RV Resort in Port Aransas, TX from January to April. Beverages are always available. Please stop by if you are in the area!
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Wisconsinite.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #3

Welcome, I doubt the dealer sells only FR trailers and I bet he would tell the owner of any brand of trailer not bought off their lot the same story.