Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #1

Hello Good People

We are not new to rving, but this is our 1st 5th wheel and our 1st Forest River. Unfortunately a lightening strike "fried" it before we even got a chance to take our beautiful used 2011 Flagstaff out on a maiden voyage. It's been at Camping World since the last of April and we still haven't gotten it repaired. We're being told that manufacturers aren't expedient in supplying repair parts. Has anyone else found this to be true? Should we have taken it back to the manufacturer or to someone in Elkhart to have it repaired? Would that have made a difference? We really would like to get some camping in before cold weqather sets in.
vonnieck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #2

First of all Welcome to the forums!! Sorry to hear about your camper. I'm sure someone here will be able to give you a contact for your camper at Forest River. You should be able to contact them and either get expedited shipping on the parts or maybe make arrangements to bring it to the factory.
Good Luck!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

to the Forums. So sorry to hear about your misfortune.
As for parts deliveries being slow, it's a combination of quite a few things. The repair dealer placing the order, some do it once a week or once a month. Parts suppliers, ship once a week or once a month. They wait until there's a large enough order to save on the shipping costs. Time of year, Spring time, Ton of units sold at the Shows and production schedules to build these units. They don't get paid until it's delivered, repairs and pairs become second nature, big pay has already been received when delivered. We waited 10 weeks for warranty repairs & parts during January & February in 2007 and that was Off-Season. Then still had to go back once a few things finally arrived. It's far from a quick process.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #4

Thanks for your reply

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm in the process now of finding someone with better access to materials.
vonnieck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

Also, Camping World has to have a mechanic/carpenter/electrician available for the considerable amount of time necessary to be able to repair your unit. Those guys would rather do quick in and out repairs on several units, than to devote the time needed for your repair, so you get pushed onto the "back burner" so to speak. I think they are using parts ordering as an excuse. Solely my opinion. I used to work for a Ford dealership as a mechanic, and I've seen it happen often. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote