Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #1

Hello need some information

I am looking to buy a 2009 Forrest River Salem LA 34" BHBS I have offered around 15,500 for the camper is that a descent deal for this camper? I also cant find any info on the furnace on this camper does it come equipped with a furnace? Does anyone on here have this type of camper and can give me any info on the good and bad. The camper appears to be in good shape from the pictures. Thanks so much for your help. Vince

Old 04-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskers1533 View Post
I am looking to buy a 2009 Forrest River Salem LA 34" BHBS I have offered around 15,500 for the camper is that a descent deal for this camper? I also cant find any info on the furnace on this camper does it come equipped with a furnace? Does anyone on here have this type of camper and can give me any info on the good and bad. The camper appears to be in good shape from the pictures. Thanks so much for your help. Vince
They all have propane furnaces.
Your statement worries me. " The camper appears to be in good shape from pictures" You mean you are buying a trailer before you see it? Bad move.
You need to find someone you know who knows more about trailers to have them inspect it for you before you buy.
Test everything multiple times. Look for water leaks or stained ceiling or belly plywood.
$15,500 seems very low for a 2009
Check NADA site out and add the options it has.
Link
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2009/S...?yearType=Used

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #3

Thanks

Yes I will get to see trailer before finalizing deal. It is for sale about 200 miles from where I live. But they want 16500 for the camper I just offered 15500 for the camper they have every right to refuse the offer. thanks for the info about the furnace, I figured they all had them but on the nada info it said N/A on this camper. Does anyone own one of these campers or can anyone tell me where they line up on standards of top to bottom as far as top of the line or bottom? Thanks again for your thoughts.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Does anyone own one of these campers or can anyone tell me where they line up on standards of top to bottom as far as top of the line or bottom? Thanks again for your thoughts.
Welcome Vince!

Your best bet is to also post this question in a new thread into the Salem Forum here at FRF. You'll get more Salem owners that way.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #5

I just bought a new 2015 for $19,500. If that helps with price reference. Love it so far.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:04 PM   #6

I'm
Quote:
You buying from a private party or a dealer? A new one cost $19,500 (per riverson's post) so if private party, you are paying loan off and they are looking to get out of a 7 year old trailer.. offer $14,000 ..if dealer, I would offer what they gave on trade which was probably $12,500.
First rule of buying a used trailer is DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH IT, there are a million trailers to pick from. I would recommend one less than 5 years old so you will not be trading a 10+ year old trailer in a couple years for sub $10K.
You will never profit on a trailer but you can limit your loss.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:30 AM   #7
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
I'm
You buying from a private party or a dealer? A new one cost $19,500 (per riverson's post) so if private party, you are paying loan off and they are looking to get out of a 7 year old trailer.. offer $14,000 ..if dealer, I would offer what they gave on trade which was probably $12,500.
First rule of buying a used trailer is DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH IT, there are a million trailers to pick from. I would recommend one less than 5 years old so you will not be trading a 10+ year old trailer in a couple years for sub $10K.
You will never profit on a trailer but you can limit your loss.
That seems like great advice

1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote