Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #1

Hello--new Cardinal Owner

New Cardinal owner here to say hello. We recently purchased a 2008 32TS. We previously owned a 2000 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 25RKS. We've run the gamut now--tents to pop-up, to midsize travel trailer to this new behemoth.

We picked it up yesterday--dealer called on Monday and asked if we could move it up from this coming Saturday--I was cool with that. Wife and I both took a vacation day to wrap it all up. I brought the Alumascape home on Tuesday night so we could empty cabinets and segregate everything into boxes for an easier transition.

We spend nearly 6 hours at the dealer yesterday--we did the walk thru, only found a couple of small 'fix-its', and then we were off to do the paperwork while the service guys did the hitch work--I added the dual cam setup due to the length of the trailer. I had used the friction bar for the Alumascape, but this one needs a more robust system, IMO.

Anyway, so we get the bills paid, spend a few bucks in the store, and finally get the rig back. A quick lesson in dual cam setup (I already studied it online and printed all the relevant stuff from the website, but it never hurts to do a hands on) and we're done.

We asked if we could park somewhere close to the Alumascape so we could transfer all our junk. They actually moved the Alumascape to a rear corner of the lot, and let me back the new one door to door with it. They pointed me to a power pole, and let us hook up so we could run the air while organizing. That was really cool--literally, LOL. Couple hours later we have all that done--well, it's put away. Last night my Wife mentioned at least 3 times with 3 different plans to redo some of the storage. I figure she'll do it 5 more times....

After about a 6 hour day, we're ready to head home. Luckily, it was a blustery day with plenty of 18 wheelers and after work commuters on I-35 for the ride home. I really wanted to feel the dual cam on a less than ideal day--and I was impressed! What a difference in stability even with the added trailer length. Much better than I expected!

We're off on the maiden voyage for the weekend--close trip, only to the Canyon Lake area for a couple days to rearrange, install a few accessories, and smile at it a lot.

We'll miss the Alumascape, and I'm sure it'll take us some time to get used to all the space in the new one--well, maybe not too long, LOL!

Sorry for the book, it was a pretty exciting day--we've always purchased used in the past, this is our first brand spankin' new RV, and we're pretty jazzed!

Joe

2003 Silverado 2500HD
2008 Forest River Cardinal 32TS
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #2

to FRF!!

Off to Canyon Lake eh? New Braunfels is my home town.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #3

Welcome to the FRF and congratulations on the new Cardinal. Our local dealer handles Cardinals. They are quite nice. We would love to get one but our current tow vehicle would not handle it and I can't afford both.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome! My friends own land on Canyon Lake! (they want to retire there someday) We lived in/around San Antonio for 4 years back in the '80's. My son was born at Ft. Sam Houston. Good to have you aboard!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #5

HOWDY
new person
A texan at that

YEEE EHAW
congrats on the great new cardinal
sounds like your dealer really took care of you, that makes the transition that much better

my wife re-arranges our stuff every few months to keep me on my toes