Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #1

Thumbs up Hello, New Rockwood Mini 2503S owner

Hello all,

I am new owner of a 2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S from Dillsburg PA. Bought it last week at Labadie Motors near Toledo Ohio. The dealership was great and I have camped in it for 2 days and towed over 450 miles since then with no problems.

I never owned a travel trailer or RV of any type so I'll be looking for tons of help. Thanks in advance.

First thing I did wrong, I didn't buy extended mirrors for my truck. Couldnt see a &^%$ thing behind me the whole way home.
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #2

Wow you just dive right into things it seems!

Welcome to the forum. We also have a 2503S and we're very happy with it. DW loves the kitchen space and the large bathroom. I love that there's two ways in and out and that everything is accessible even when the slide is in or we're on the road.

Just ask for help on the forum when you need it and help will come from all over.

Happy Camping!

2012 Rockwood 2503S
fredm.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #3

Welcome! What kind of truck do you have?
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbdvt View Post
Welcome! What kind of truck do you have?

Thanks. I have a 2011 Silverado 1500 Crew with 5.3L and max trailering package. It did great pulling the Mini (with 36 gallons of water) and 1 passenger and a lot of gear. The transmission temp never went above 210 and it wasnt that high very much. I would say it averaged around 200-205 degrees

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredm.seven View Post
Wow you just dive right into things it seems!

Welcome to the forum. We also have a 2503S and we're very happy with it. DW loves the kitchen space and the large bathroom. I love that there's two ways in and out and that everything is accessible even when the slide is in or we're on the road.

Just ask for help on the forum when you need it and help will come from all over.

Happy Camping!

Thanks! The Bathroom was the clincher for me. I am big guy and just dont want to be cramped when in the bathroom. The Bathroom exit door is nice for me too because sometimes I camp with 1 or 2 friends in tents and now they can use the bathroom or get a shower without disturbing me.....for a nominal fee of course.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #6

Still happy!!

Just an update.

I have owned my Mini 2503s since June now and camped in it for 6 days(just got back from a 3 day weekend). I am still very happy with my purchase and have had no major issues. All major appliances and systems have been tested multiple times and everything works well. The trailer tows very well behind my Chevy 1500.

The only real concern I had was when I found the gas line going to the fridge was getting pulled very tight when the slide was pulled in (kitchen slide). I was able to remove one hose bracket and move the hose a few inches and the is plenty of slack now.

Other then that, the stupid wobbly dinette table is my only complaint, and I could tell that was crap before I bought so thats on me. I have seen some of the mods that others have made on this website and will probably do something similar.

Maybe it's too soon to say, But I would definitely buy from FR again and from Labadie RV in Toledo.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S