Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Just Love to Camp

Angry Hello, not on here by choice but must

New to FR but not camping
I have been camping for 7 years now.
First camper a TT by Jayco very little problems even though it was new. (So used to the new camper and need to tweek)

Bought a beautiful 386x12 2012 XLR Thunderbolt in March!
Camper looks great but quality and FR dealers standing behind what you pay for disappointed.

Have been camping in it 6 times.

Warranty work is not done right.

Local FR dealer wont do the work

Have to travel 3 hours round trip for repairs (again not repairs not done right)

Has been in 2 times for warranty work ( 2nd time they had it for two days ) yes two trips. Still not all work done right!!

Why can't the simple functions work??? Like slides!!! All three!!! PROBLEMS!!!!(yes I know we all having problem with them sooner or later but not like this.) They have been adjusted 3 times!!!! Still digging in the floor!!!

Plus some minor issues. YES did a good walk through at pick up. Took all day to give you a hint and that is with them having a list before hand.

Sorry like I said. On here not by choice. Needed to vent to see if others are having the same problem.
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
New to FR but not camping
I have been camping for 7 years now.
First camper a TT by Jayco very little problems even though it was new. (So used to the new camper and need to tweek)

Bought a beautiful 386x12 2012 XLR Thunderbolt in March!
Camper looks great but quality and FR dealers standing behind what you pay for disappointed.

Have been camping in it 6 times.

Warranty work is not done right.

Local FR dealer wont do the work

Have to travel 3 hours round trip for repairs (again not repairs not done right)

Has been in 2 times for warranty work ( 2nd time they had it for two days ) yes two trips. Still not all work done right!!

Why can't the simple functions work??? Like slides!!! All three!!! PROBLEMS!!!!(yes I know we all having problem with them sooner or later but not like this.) They have been adjusted 3 times!!!! Still digging in the floor!!!

Plus some minor issues. YES did a good walk through at pick up. Took all day to give you a hint and that is with them having a list before hand.

Sorry like I said. On here not by choice. Needed to vent to see if others are having the same problem.

Sorry to hear about your issues but we all go thru it with a new rig no matter what manufacturer. Sounds like the problem is your local bealer and not FR. I too have to travel about 60 miles RT to my dealer but they are doing all they can do. FR has not let the me or the dealer down as all issues have been fixed no questions asked.
Like I said all rigs have quality issues and that is part of this beast we all joined.

My MH was bought mid April and I have had it back 3 times for repairs. Actually it is in right now for hydralic line replacement and a few other monor issues. I'm heading out next week for a week and hope all goes well.

Relax and it will get better.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the Forest River Forums! Sorry about the problems you are dealing with. Hopefully all will be taken care of soon and you move on to happy camping.

While you wait for feedback you may wish to browse the site as there's a wealth of information here.

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Just Love to Camp

I hope it is just the dealer. Looking for a new one. Also thinking about taking them out of the picture and dealing directly with FR. Letting FR know that they are paying the dealer to do warranty work 1/2 way.

Just brought the camper back today. Didn't even go inside once I saw the 3ft off and on sratch down the side that was new and where they "fix" (NOT) the trim piece. Could take anymore!!!

I know it will need to be tweeked but man is it a pain!!!

Thanks for reading my post and responding!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #5

Sorry to hear about your problems. Too bad on such a beautiful unit! I think I would try calling FR and asking them if there is an independent shop or somewhere closer that they will approve warranty work at. I'm lucky, the shop that repairs my trailer does only repair work (no sales) and they wok with FR on the warranty. Great quality work. Hope you can find something similar and get things fixed so you can get out and enjoy that beautiful trailer.
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #6

I would call FR. I had a minor issue and my dealer is 6 hours away. I asked for the part I needed and they sent it immediately no questions asked. I'm sure they will help you get things right and will also want to know about a dealer who is not doing the job they should.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
I hope it is just the dealer. Looking for a new one. Also thinking about taking them out of the picture and dealing directly with FR. Letting FR know that they are paying the dealer to do warranty work 1/2 way.

Just brought the camper back today. Didn't even go inside once I saw the 3ft off and on sratch down the side that was new and where they "fix" (NOT) the trim piece. Could take anymore!!!

I know it will need to be tweeked but man is it a pain!!!

Thanks for reading my post and responding!!!
I would recommend you check their work before leaving the premises. Sounds like you just hook it up and go. Always check the work they were supposed to do and take a good walk around to ensure no new damage has occured.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
Just Love to Camp

DH got stuck in traffic he called them and let them know and they wouldn't stay 5 to 10 mins over for him to get there and check the work. Love that Customer Service!!!! huh!!