Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #1

Hello There!

We are new to TT world with our new to us 2009 Flagstaff 21fb micro lite. Sorry to say we do not know what we do not know and to make matters less knowing, we did not get manuals, so, we really do not know.

First we need to know how to dump water and how to tell if there is water in either gray or black when very little came out hose and gage says 2/3 full. We have not used either except when seller put in small amount of water to demonstrate. Seller was not much more experienced than us.

Can we find online manuals? Looking for something to tell us how to winterize.

Sorry to be so uninformed but my Sis was critically and terminally ill and I had to have a place to sleep after my bedside shifts so we bought a tt. Other than the fridge and lights we have not used facilities.

Thanks for any help....grannyjaneb
Grannyjaneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Graduate Member

we're newbies too - here's what we know.

on the "driver's" side, there should be a small door close to the wheels, open that door and there is the drain for the tanks. It's one drain, about 3 inches diameter. Hook the hose up to that and on either side are two handles. Those two handles are the open (pull) and close (push) for black and gray tanks.

For the manuals - search here on this site, i would try flagstaff manuals. These guys have posted almost every manual for every RV ever built...or so it seems.

Same for winterizing. A quick search and you should have your answer.

Best of luck, sorry your intro to RVing is under such circumstances.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Grannyjaneb. Good to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyjaneb View Post
We are new to TT world with our new to us 2009 Flagstaff 21fb micro lite. Sorry to say we do not know what we do not know and to make matters less knowing, we did not get manuals, so, we really do not know.

First we need to know how to dump water

My answer to your question on "how to dump water" is in this thread

and how to tell if there is water in either gray or black when very little came out hose and gage says 2/3 full. We have not used either except when seller put in small amount of water to demonstrate. Seller was not much more experienced than us.

The guage lights on the panel are very inaccurate. The probes tend to get gunked up easily and then are inaccurate. Its a universal problem and every camper learns to deal with it in any number of ways. Some poeple install aftermarket probes to their tanks in order to resolve that issue, but its not absolutely necessary. The black tank is easy to judge - just lift up the toilet seat and look.

The gray water is a little more difficult. Basically, you will get a feeling over time for how fast your tanks fill up. One trick is to dump dish water down the toilet so that the gray doesn't fill up quite so fast.

Can we find online manuals? Looking for something to tell us how to winterize.

We have files that you can download for most appliances, systems and assorted other things here. The generic FR manual is here.

Sorry to be so uninformed but my Sis was critically and terminally ill and I had to have a place to sleep after my bedside shifts so we bought a tt. Other than the fridge and lights we have not used facilities.

Don't feel bad at all!!. We all started out somewhere.

Thanks for any help....grannyjaneb
Best of luck and enjoy your new camper. All the best to your sister, too. I am sorry to hear that she is ill.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
To dump the water find the large 4inch drain on the side of the trailer most likely on the side away from the door. There should be 2 handles. One directly on the big pipe and one on a smaller pipe that feeds into the big pipel. The big pipe is connected to the black (toilet) water tank. The small pipe is connected to the gray (sink and shower) water tank. Hook the drain hose to the big pipe connection and run it to a dump station drain or if at home to a sewer clean out. Dont dump on ground or in the storm sewer. Pull the the handle for the big pipe first let it drain out then pull the handle on the smaller pipe. This will clean the drain hose a bit. Dont let the black water drain continously. If you do then you will get the infamous poop mountain since it needs the water and rv black tank treatment to break it down so it will drain out. I also recommend not draining the gray tank continously so you can use it to clean out the drain hose as mentioned above. Do a google search for rv black tank treatment. It comes in packets and liquid. I prefer packets beacuse they weigh less and are not as messy as liquid.

For winterizing do a google searh for winterizing a travel trailer. There are several good sites.

You can PM me with questions and I will be glad to answer.
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forums! I have found campground neighbors to be willing to show me the ropes when help was needed especially as a newbie. RVers tend to be a very friendly group.

If you come up some manuals you will quickly see how little information they contain. In the green banner above there is a "Files" section which contains lots of manuals.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote