Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #1

Talking Hello there!

Hello from the shadows of the Great Smoky Mountains! Hubby and I are new to camping and are about to purchase a new TT for ourselves plus our little yorkie. We have narrowed it down to the Forest River Micro Lites, just have to decide between 25 DS and the 25 KS. We are going to look at both again today....just have to sell a Miata before we make the leap.

Any tips for really, really newbies? (I have RV camped with another family years and years ago as a guest, so I didn't do anything except enjoy it!) Hubby has never camped other than a weekend in a bad leaky, mildewy pop-up and wasn't too impressed. Of course, we have gotten older, more settled and able to afford the time and $ to travel some. Because we live so close to the Smokies, there are lots of places within an hour or so to camp and that's what we will do mostly with maybe a week or so trip a couple of times a yr, one in Summer and one between Christmas and New Years when we are both off. Anyway, enough from us...happy to be hear, can't wait to hear for y'all!
TheHappyCampbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #2

Good morning and welcome to FRF from SW Idaho.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #4

Hello and welcome from Arkansas.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #5
Mrs. Gatraid

Welcome from Illinois! Enjoy!
GATRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #6

Hello from very wet and rain soaked south central Minnesota. More rain on the way tonight. Welcome to the forum!
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHappyCampbells View Post
Hello from the shadows of the Great Smoky Mountains! Hubby and I are new to camping and are about to purchase a new TT for ourselves plus our little yorkie. We have narrowed it down to the Forest River Micro Lites, just have to decide between 25 DS and the 25 KS. We are going to look at both again today....just have to sell a Miata before we make the leap.

Any tips for really, really newbies? (I have RV camped with another family years and years ago as a guest, so I didn't do anything except enjoy it!) Hubby has never camped other than a weekend in a bad leaky, mildewy pop-up and wasn't too impressed. Of course, we have gotten older, more settled and able to afford the time and $ to travel some. Because we live so close to the Smokies, there are lots of places within an hour or so to camp and that's what we will do mostly with maybe a week or so trip a couple of times a yr, one in Summer and one between Christmas and New Years when we are both off. Anyway, enough from us...happy to be hear, can't wait to hear for y'all!
Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with the two models you are deciding between but I would recommend spending a bit of time in each to see how it really would be like while pretending to be camping. Within a few trips many couples regret not having a walk-around bed. This tends to be more of an issue with the person on the inside that needs to climb over the other person to get out of bed to visit the restroom in the middle of the night. Also try to figure out where your stuff will go - dishes, pots & pans, towels, clothes, etc... This can shed on how limited storage can be in a unit compare to the other one.

Having lots of campgrounds close by can be pretty nice. I often stay at a campground about 10 miles away especially for a quick & easy get away.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #8

Welcome from Knoxville!
imavol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #9

Hello and welcome to the club from New Hampshire.

kids think tt stands for tan turd.
JonClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
NELA

Welcome to the most awesome forum on the interwebs for RVers, from Louisiana!

(another new member for me to be envious of) Heck, living where you guys are, in the shadows or foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, I'm thinking driveway camping must be fantastic!

No matter which model RV you decide on, CONGRATULATIONS on taking the step to get out there and enjoy this wonderful nation we call home;

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote