Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #1

Hello to all!!! newbie here!!!

Hello, My wife and I just purchase a 2013 Serveyor Sport 295 10th Years Anniversary, Our first t/t.
2 weeks ago, on the first weekend (the same day we purchased the t/t a Friday) we where out the door with our kids and nowhere to go and with just the shirts on our backs....we did stop by a store to purchase just the needs for now...We found ourselves calling a private camp ground that was refer by the dealer, so we went... Kids had a blast. And so Did my wife and I.

Cant wait to take our Sport out again!!
BTW the campground did try to sell us a membership, is this common?
or worth it?

I have some questions, and thats how I came accros this forum, some have been answer by just reading. My Wife and I are new to all this camping stuff. So any thoughts, advise, tips, are greatly welcome....

Thanks

Rafael "ralph" A.
rafatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafatoy View Post
Hello, My wife and I just purchase a 2013 Serveyor Sport 295 10th Years Anniversary, Our first t/t.
2 weeks ago, on the first weekend (the same day we purchased the t/t a Friday) we where out the door with our kids and nowhere to go and with just the shirts on our backs....we did stop by a store to purchase just the needs for now...We found ourselves calling a private camp ground that was refer by the dealer, so we went... Kids had a blast. And so Did my wife and I.

Cant wait to take our Sport out again!!
BTW the campground did try to sell us a membership, is this common?
or worth it?

I have some questions, and thats how I came accros this forum, some have been answer by just reading. My Wife and I are new to all this camping stuff. So any thoughts, advise, tips, are greatly welcome....

Thanks

Rafael "ralph" A.
to the forums! Yes, it's common for private campgroud to give you a hour or two sales pitch in exchange for free camping. As to the question about it be worth the investment - only you can answer that question based on your style of camping along with budget. There can be some long time committment connected along with regulalr fees. For full timers this can be a good choice. My late brother & s-i-l had a membership that they used regularly so they got their value out of the membership. For my style of camping it's not worth it even at 50% off the cost.

Based on what you wrote it sounds like you might be somewhat new to RVing. If so, I would recommend waiting to see what your style of campering ends up being.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #3

Welcome.

You'll love your Sport. I have the 189 and it's alot of fun. Agree with the others - wait on buying into a campground. It takes alot of nights to make it worth it. It's pretty easy to get scammed into something that is hard to get out of later. There is ALOT of information on these things in the forum.

Sounds like you guys are spur-of-the moment types. I suggest getting your camper outfitted and stocked so you just have to load clothes and groceries and you can go out for weekends. There are lots of nice state parks you can go for cheap - many now you can reserve a spot online so it's ready for you when you show up.

Have fun!
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have as many great times as we have had. Happy Camping!!!
We keep our TH set, with the exception of perishables at all times. You may have to go camping tonight .LOL
One thing that we do is keep our water tank about 1/2 full. My wife likes to use our potty instead of one we do not know.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #5

Thank You all!!!
rafatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #6

Hey there

to the forums, congrats on your new TT, we're also new to RVing as well. We just did our maiden trip plus attended the 1-3hr presentation for membership. For us, we didn't sign up, not our thing at this moment in time.

Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
Raph: I would visit state parks first and not buy any memberships. Not sure what stateyou are in but here in Fla. our state parks are great. Will say that state parks usually on have water and electric so you either use public facilities or have a blue boy to drain the holding tanks every so often.

On the issue of holding tanks if you are somewhere with sewer don't drain the black water all the time. Let it fill up to about 2/3rds full or you end up with a mound of waste.
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote