Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I see you are from Wisconsin. The rust could be a result of road salt possibly. I missed where you stated if you bought this new or used.
Probably was delivered to the dealer in the middle of winter and never properly washed.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #22

New. Dealer claims they washed the undercarriage but it does not look that way.
billphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:49 AM   #23
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by billphoto View Post
"Are you looking for help? Or just wanting to rant?" I really don't want to go the attorney route and would be overjoyed if someone could help me.
First things first, don't mention or even hint at an attorney when dealing with Forest River. Once you do that, you stop being a warranty issue and become a legal issue. All bets are off.

Second, and I'm not saying you're not, but be nice in your dealings with FR. It's the whole you get more flies with honey thing. I had my terrible experiences with Sabre and actually had to wait a bit before I could compose something other than a rage filled response to the warranty manager. I'm glad I did- they took care of me and have a few times since.

Finally, your dealer sucks. MOST of this should have been caught during their PDI of the trailer. If not then, then during your comprehensive walk-through of the camper. It sounds like one or both of these things didn't happen. On top of that, they're sucking when it comes to dealing with the repairs. As mentioned, you need to find another dealer.

When I talked to FR about that (my dealer SUCKED), their recommendation was to use the Dealer Finder on their website. Any FR dealer is authorized to do repairs on any FR camper. The challenge comes in where you're placed in the queue for the new place- most dealers service their customers first and non-buyers get pushed down in the queue. It sucks, but it's how it goes.

I have also had good luck with RV Service centers. This process is a little more challenging as you need prior authorization and I know that you've mentioned you're having a hard time getting a response from FR. Hopefully a little patience and perseverance pays off. I personally use mobile RV techs a lot now (my family and I live in our camper full time- so scheduling the camper to be at a dealership for days is a very costly proposition).

What area do you live in? Maybe one of our members can make specific dealer recommendations.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:49 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
The max air vent bolts to the vent housing not the roof.
they use the same bolts right? so that would be loose and rattling around as well
Old 10-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
they use the same bolts right? so that would be loose and rattling around as well
No the max air uses its own brackets to bolt to the vent.
The vent itself is screwed to the roof.

Name:   uploadfromtaptalk1446130502321.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  11.3 KB
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #26

not sure how far you are from the FR plant since you are in Wisconsin, you could make A APPOINTMENT at the plant since your dealer isn't stepping up to the plate
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:45 PM   #27

I have heard some others on the forum that Forest river came and picked up trailer to take to plant for repairs, or took care of one way? At this point IMO I would go for the plant option. That way the plant has more expertise to gut and rebuild it especially withe the rust and water issues. You do not live or buy it in an area that just had major flooding did you?
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:16 PM   #28

Bill:

I see you live in Hubertus, and since you've got the Micro Lite, I assume you're dealing with Scenic Trailer in Slinger.

You might want to try Roskopf's in Richfield. I can't speak to the repair side, but I've bought all 3 of my campers from them and have been very happy with how I was treated. They handle the Forest River Mini Lite, which is the twin to your Micro Lite.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #29

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello Bill

What is broke on tv? inoperative
No power? Or doesn't work on Antenna?

What is broke with dvd? inoperative Does the DVD player play CD's and can you hear music. Some of this units have a locking screw that prevents the mechanism from working.

Does it read the DVD and not play? Are the DVD commercial purchased or home burned ones? The Home made often won't work.

Awning fabric on awnings has moved on the tubes , very easy to slide it back and awnings will roll up fine. - Not the fabric. The rear roller binds.

Rear roller binds, like a noise? Are the auto dump knobs loose on the arms.
Are parts of the max air vent still up there or are brackets and all missing? All gone.

Was this installed by dealer or FR? Replacement ones up here in Canada cost 30 bucks

What's cracked on toilet? 2 cracks from base up to bowl
Is this plastic or porcelain? If porceilin sounds like it froze up. This could be your plumbing leaks

The water pump has a check valve that could be bad.

You say doors are warped. Is the trailer been stored with a way to get water ingress?

Electrical problems? 12 volts systems or 110 V AC power. The connection you show is a ground.

Hopefully this will help you, offer some more information please.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
First things first, don't mention or even hint at an attorney when dealing with Forest River. Once you do that, you stop being a warranty issue and become a legal issue. All bets are off.
Great advice from Doug. I hate to hear of all these problems with this new unit to you. Hopefully either the dealer and/or Forest River is going to make everything right on this.

That being said, as a site team member, it needs to be pointed out that even though this forum uses the Forest River name, we are neither controlled nor owned by Forest River (but do have some Forest River employees as members on these boards). The people at Forest River who you want to get the message to, will most likely never know of your posts here.... so be aware of that fact if you are hoping they will read your posts here. This disclaimer is at the bottom of every page here on the forums:

ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our members here, who are most likely fellow Forest River product owners, always do their best to help out...and will advise on how to fix many problems. However, legal issues, if it comes to that are beyond the scope and purpose of these forums...... so please also keep any possible future discussions concerning legal issues away from these DIY forums (which you have been doing a great job of leaving out, given your bad situation). The site team really thanks you for that.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:50 AM   #31

Thank you FR community

Thank you everyone for your advice. Your ideas, I hope, have given me some new ideas on how to salvage my $22K investment.

One Site Team member posted, "(FR) will most likely never know of your posts here" which was why I started this thread. FR and the dealer have ignored me; you have not. I have no idea how this will turn out but, collectively, you have helped me. Thank you all.
billphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #32

I think you are past the point of any dealer helping you, I would suggest getting it back to the factory. You don't live that far or they might even pick it up. To me you are going to go over the dealer head and get someone in the warranty dept at your division and ask for help. But as Doug said be nice about it. Who have you talked to at FR. You will need the service manager of your division. Look on the list that I'll attach, That is the person that can help you. They have always helped me, but never with the extent of your unit. I can't blame you for being mad, make sure you document everything. Good luck, I sure FR will step up and do you right and the right thing is it going back to the factory for them to repair.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1) (3) (1) (1).pdf (46.2 KB, 76 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:10 AM   #33

Wow, that's some contact list...

Thanks
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Wow, that's some contact list...

Thanks
Your welcome, I have been around the block a few times with my dealer..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote