Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #1

HELP Maiden Voyage

I'm not sure how to ask/explain this problem. We are currently camping with our 2008 Forest River 625 D pop up. I have plugged it in to the campsite 30 amp outlet and flipped the switch to on. My problem is that when I turn on the 120v switch outside the camper (with the 12v off) the interior lights do not work. It does, oddly enough work when I turn the 120v off and turn the 12v on – seems odd to me.The battery is disconnected

Also, I have attached a hose to the campsite water supply and attached it to the camper below the waste portal. However, no water comes out of the faucet. I checked below the couch where the hot water tank is located and those lines are open. Am I missing something?
Any advice?

Doug
Doug F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug F
I'm not sure how to ask/explain this problem. We are currently camping with our 2008 Forest River 625 D pop up. I have plugged it in to the campsite 30 amp outlet and flipped the switch to on. My problem is that when I turn on the 120v switch outside the camper (with the 12v off) the interior lights do not work. It does, oddly enough work when I turn the 120v off and turn the 12v on – seems odd to me.The battery is disconnected

Also, I have attached a hose to the campsite water supply and attached it to the camper below the waste portal. However, no water comes out of the faucet. I checked below the couch where the hot water tank is located and those lines are open. Am I missing something?
Any advice?

Doug
I don't understand what your saying.
Why is battery disconnected?

By the way welcome to the forum!
We'll get u figured out !

What switch you flipping on the outside of pop up?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Not familiar with your camper, but will give you some general rules. Lights are 12 volt only. Must have a battery, or be plugged in so they can run off the converter. I remember some pop-ups having a weird faucet, one way you got city water, another way you made a pump out of it to pump from the tank. Sometimes they had 2 faucets at the sink. As for the water heater being full, or valves, go outside, open the access door, and open the pop-off valve a little on top, and see if water comes out.

One more thing, disconnect your hose, get a bucket of water, and pour down the sink, and then make sure which one is waste and which one is city water. Mention because of this remark, "attached it to the camper below the waste portal." I would have thought waste would be the bottom one.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #4

Help

Well, I disconnected the battery because I wasn't convinced I was using the campsite power supply-not very bright because I didn't have a circuit. I have reconnected the battery and plugged back into the site power and turned on the 120v switch. This switch is located on the side of the camper with the slide out and is above the propane lighting system for the fridge.

According to the service guy where we bought the camper both the 120v and the 12v switch can be on at the same time - is that true?

thanks for the welcome and all the help you can give

signed
Rookie
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #5

if the 120v and 12 v are just above the propane lighting system for the fridge, I believe those are for running the fridge on 12v or 120v, not for lighting the camper.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Site Team

Most RVers are friendly and willing to help especially a new RV owner. It might be helpful to ask a campsite nieghbor for help. Try to find someone with a similar type unit. If that's not possible then look for someone that seems to be experienced or maybe the camp host.

I've never been turned down when I asked for help even when the person was not familiar with my setup.

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #7

I think I got it - maybe over thinking the issue and having little experience. water works and electric works
thanks for all your advice - I'm glad I joined this forum. Will be back for sure!

Doug aka Rookie
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #8

Good to hear. Have fun camping while I'm working.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriddering View Post
Good to hear. Have fun camping while I'm working.

x2
btmfdr is offline   Reply With Quote