Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 09:06 PM   #1

Hey Ya'll from Tennessee

Hey All:

So very excited to find you all. I am about to lay the money down here in Nashville on a new 24 Foot DBH Grey Wolf, but PLEASE tell me that what I read on reviews is just a bunch of complainers. My wife and I are in love with this model but WOW after reading reviews online we need to be "talked off the ledge" God Bless you for your input. Dave

PS with three grand kids THIS model is perfect.
prov281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:39 PM   #2

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. For every bad story there are 3 good ones you won't see.

With that being said, don't expect automobile quality build from the RV world. it just doesn't happen. Expect to make repairs yourself. Fix the small stuff yourself or you'll be making payment s while it sits in the dealers repair lot.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #3

Thanks Cavie....appreciate you taking the time...ready to light this candle...
Old 02-24-2019, 09:46 PM   #4
Site Team

As with any product review, a much higher percentage people post about problems they have then do people who have few issues and are out enjoying their RV. This is not to say that you will not have some issues, but if you do your homework you should be fine. Just a few simple tips.
Take all the emotion out of the purchase and make it a business deal.
Make sure your tow vehicle is up to the task.

Do not simply trust dealers assurances, come here and ask for a second opinion.
Be careful accepting add-ons such as coatings, aftermarket warranties etc.

Do not sign final paperwork until the unit is exactly the way you want it. Once you sign you go to the bottom of the service list.
Do a thorough walk thru/PDI and be sure you see everything work and are comfortable working it.
Once you get it GO Camping and enjoy it.
We have had no issues on our unit.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:55 PM   #5

Welcome!!!

As stated for every bad story you read, there are several good ones that are not talked about. I’ll give you ours:

Ordered a new 2019 Rockwood Roo 24WS right after the camper show in Minneapolis last year, showed up like 10 weeks later, we did a full, and I mean full PDI, found really nothing wrong, picked it up and went camping last year. Had. A. Blast. Zero regrets.

We had a few small issues we found over the summer, mostly cabinets doors that rubbed a bit, one of our fold down tent sides had a bit of a loose hinge but NOTHING that stopped us from camping. We wrote everything down, scheduled an appointment with the dealer at end of the season for repair/winterizing and FR and the dealer took care of it all and we are set for this summer.

So yeah, don’t let the Debbie-downers on here get you rethinking thing, the vast majority of campers have little or no issues (read up on a PROPER PDI and INSIST anything wrong get done before payment is made and you take the unit into your possession) so don’t worry.

Just be prepared to deal with little things yourselves, keep in touch with your dealer and enjoy!!!
Past:
2001 Starcraft Spaceliner PU
1987 Starcraft Nova PU
Miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:56 PM   #6

Thanks FLYBOB..thanks for your service

Yup, thanks for the support, I am good on the tow vehicle, Nissan Titan 4x4 with Tow Package. I am an Optimist, I am also happy with the dealer, after I get another 500 shave off its a BUY....

PS Do you believe in Extended Warranties IF they even offer them?
Old 02-24-2019, 09:59 PM   #7

Thanks so very much....Feel good about the deal...gonna do it tomorrow...if I have to park it outside, what are your thoughts on a metal outdoor cover? Like the ones you see when folks don't have a garage?
Old 02-25-2019, 07:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov281 View Post
Yup, thanks for the support, I am good on the tow vehicle, Nissan Titan 4x4 with Tow Package. I am an Optimist, I am also happy with the dealer, after I get another 500 shave off its a BUY....

PS Do you believe in Extended Warranties IF they even offer them?

They always offer an extended warranty. Some people are for them, some against. We had none on our first trailer and didn’t have any major issues the four years we had it. This time the wife is considering it. We’ve found it cheaper to purchase online vs. through the dealer. If you decide to, do your research.

And welcome from Kentucky and congrats on your new purchase.
Perhaps we’ll run into you camping.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #9
Trailer Park Supervisor

Welcome prov! What everybody else said. Reading too much into reviews will drive you crazy.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #10
waybeck2018

We bought our 2019 Tracer last September and used it extensively. Had three minor warranty issues so waited until January to drop it off so it would be ready for March travels. Good luck, good product and good planning I hope.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:24 AM   #11
bloodybill

hello and welcome
BLOODYBILL is offline   Reply With Quote