Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2014, 03:51 AM   #1

Hi all,

So glad I came across this forum.
My husband teenage son and me bought this a year ago. We are so far over our heads we will need a lot of advise from the experienced problem solvers. We are super glad to be h
tcsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
Site Team

what is "this"? year/make/model of RV.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of folks with many years of RVing experience and knowledge to help you with your questions.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsmom View Post
My husband teenage son and me bought this a year ago. We are so far over our heads we will need a lot of advise from the experienced problem solvers. We are super glad to be h
I bought one two days ago. It is the wrong color. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:15 AM   #5

2000 sandpipper
Sorry guess that info
Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people here willing you help and offer advice. Just remember, we were all new to this stuff at one time. There is a learning curve so take things slow. So go ahead, ask away...
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Over your heads... tell us about it, so we can help you through it. Lot's of very experienced people here that will be very happy to get you comfortable with your camper and camping experience.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
Site Team

Welcome. This resource can greatly shorten the RV learning curve. Wish I'd had it back in 2005.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

tcsmom,
Good to have you aboard! The other members here are very helpful and you will find lots in the various forums. Let us know in what ways you feel over your heads with your camper. Trust me - we've ALL been there

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
First off, welcome to the forums my new friend.

Secondly, the purpose of these forums is for everyone to share their collective knowledge and experiences with everyone..........as well as a social site between friends.

Feel free to ask any/all questions. I'm positive the friendly people here will help you out, as they have me.

It may seem intimidating at first, but you will get in down in no time at all.

My first piece of advice I can offer, is no matter what, enjoy the time you spend out with your family camping. It's these memories and experiences that matter in the long run.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Take it from a recent newbie just one year ago. If you want the straight scoop from folks that have real life experience and have lived through just about any RV issue you can think of, this is the place. The people on this forum have been an honest and real help to us over the past year helping make our move into the RV lifestyle a lot easier. Just post your question with as much information as you have and just see what happens. #1 suggestion, get out more often, stay longer and enjoy the experience!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1658.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	45414  
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #12

Thanks so much. My challenge now is learning how to baba gate way around this site. Lol
Old 01-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #13

It's a 2000 sandpipper witl 2 slides
Old 01-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #14

Welcome from Arkansas from another newbie.... without this site I prolly would have already perished. Good luck from your new camper. Get a book and read it...I got mine from Booksabillion then started to learn from there(on here).
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #15

In 2008 we went from a 1,600 sq ft house in Texas moving to east coast for my husband to start his new job at NNSY.
Our first trailer was 29 ft and as we could we upgraded in size . I think this is our 4th and it's 38 ft I believe . My husband has handled what we've ran into in the past. The last rv we had was needing a few small repairs but my husband was facing major back surgery last January and he wanted one that didn't need anything. Me and Tyler couldn't handle. When we looked at this one it was in December and very cold and rainy. The man told us they bought it new was moved to the lot we're on now. They had all the manuals for everything said regular maintained and just redid roof the past summer. It has a full length nice heavy deck metal covered with gutters. It's ankered down has skirting all around. He said they had only used it on weekends and vacation . The last couple years they came less and less but still maintained it. The inside still looked new, oven and cooktop was never used said they always used microwave . So we bought it. Mitch had his surgery and within 3 months things started happening. I went through floor in front of kitchen sinkme and Tyler took out a 2ft x 2ft section and pit treated plywood down. It was raining real bad and Tyler's mattress got dripping soaked where the table is. We found about a 2 inch slit where i looked like a branch was snapped off and hit so we cleaned and patched it. Ran out of propane switched tanks and furnace has never came back on. Had it looked at by someone off craigslist and was told it could be several things and recommended we replace it...NOT, Mitch said it has to be something simple but he can't help with anything had a failed surgery and looking at another one . While changing bed the back wall gave real bad with a closer look the entire wall is rotted inside. Had a neighbor show me where to check to see is all leak and there has been a large section of that wall as well as the dinning wall has been cut out and screwed back on. Checked under both storage doors and found a lot of mold. It's up to me and Tyler to fix the things we can and we have done our best. With all the medical, prescription and basic living can't afford to hire anyone. Now since my cleaning and sterilizing terror I've been sick since Christmas and it's getting to Mitch and Tyler as well. That's the whole story of the year we've had this rv.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #16

I know I'm reading anything I can find