Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
Hi Everyone

my name is terry i live in anderson south carolina.

this summer we bought our first camper. we bought a wildwood 26tbss brand new. and are verry happy with it. we have only had our camper a short time but have been out 8 times already and we are really getting the hang of it. i was talking earlier with a friend from another forum about winterizing. he told me to google it. so that is how i found this forum.

i am still looking around but thought i should introduce myself. like i said i am on another forum everyday. soo i know there are some manners that are followed by the members. if you think of anything i might need to know please do.
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Enjoying Member

Terry,

Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like you are already on the way to enjoying your rig. We don't own that version of camper so we just want to say

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #3

thanks for the warm welcome i think i have it figured out. it is alot easier today now that it is not raining
Old 12-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #4

to the Forest River Forums.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #5

Welcome to the group Bente. Congrats on the new trailer, hope you will have years of great times with it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #6

thanks again guys!

we are really looking forward to many trips ahead of us.. although i seem to be sooo unlike the rest of you.. see we have not taken our camper more than 45 min from the house.. see we have a lake here (lake hartwell) they have 9 federal campgrounds.. 7 of them are for campers.. so we have not really had the need to travel too far.. see i drive a thousand miles a week for my job so griving is not one of my favorite off time activites. but looking at all the maps it looks like most of you camp all over the place. if i had one of those maps i could only color in georgia and south carolina.. which brings me to a question where do you post the "signature" that has the maps, camper pictures, and other misc stuff.. also how do i post as picture. i have a couple hundred on photobucket so if there is a link i use there that would be cool.. i may just get bored and go to the testing area and figure the picture thing out. but the signature i have no idea. unless it is in the biography section..

i also seen in the recipe section there are some really good looking things ya'll are cooking at the campsites i have a couple thousand recipes if anyone wants anything specific let me know

thanks again
Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #7

Terry,

Close to home is the ideal way to get used to a new RV. We have a favorite place that is within about 1.5 hours of home right over a nearby mountain pass that we love to go dry camp. You don't have to travel far to enjoy yourself.

To edit your signature go to the main screen of the forum and on the menu bar at the top click on UserCP, then on the menu to the left look under 'setting and options' and click on 'Edit Signature'

You can change a lot of settings here. The photos were a bit harder to figure out and it's been a long time since I made my album. For individual postings you can scroll to the botom and click on 'Manage Attachments' if you just want to add a pic or two to a posting.

If you have some favorite recipies by all means post them in that section, we would love to see them.

Take care...
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #8

Terry, I pulled up Google Earth and checked out Lk Hartwell. Wow it's a huge lake. It also looks like a great bass fishing lake (one of my other passions). I hope that we can get to that end of the country after I retire to check out places like this. I only wished I could bring my bass boat with me but that will never happen.

Looks like a great place to explore.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #9
Master of the obvious

Welcome. We too purchased a 26 TBSS this season and LOVE it! We up sized from a pop-up and are enjoying the extra space. Our favorite campsite is only an hour away and we even like a little place 15 minutes up the road. As long as we get away and enjoy our family it doesn’t matter where we are!

Again, WELCOME
2018 Kia Optima Toad
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #10

thanks to both of you i have found where i can edit my signature i will figure something to put in there..

yes lake hartwell has a 1000 mile shore line so it is a bit bigger than most lakes i have caught some bass out of it but i have caught more striper /hybrid and a bunch of catfish and crappie.. although i have not kept a fish in years off that lake it is sure fun to try to catch something.. and i have brought my fishing gear everytime we have went camping i have yet to catch something.. just as well tho because i would just throw them back..

and big daddy you said it!! "as long as we enjoy our time as a family it doesn't matter where we are"

i am also going to try to post a photo with this reply if it doesn't work i will go to the testing center and beg for your forgiveness
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-21051.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	1988   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-21057.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	1989  
Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #11

AWESOME spot Terry, is that on the lake where you go? I too throw most of the fish back I catch. We only do a fish fry about once per season, fresh bass right out of the lake, filleted, battered, dipped in Panko crumbs and dropped right into the fryer, mmmm. Next time you go, get some Gamakatsu size 4 worm hooks and a package of Yamamoto Senko in 5" size, green or darker colors work well. Texas rig the worm and cast it in. Work it slowly on the bottom and see what you come up with. One of the best baits out there.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #12

i will look for that.. we have a dick's sporting goods here they will proabably have it. i have been using a carolia rig with some worms both real and rubber. the real ones i kept getting stolen until i walked off mad..

next time you want some good fish. use your grill and a cast iron skillet. just make sure you put the skillett in early so it has some time to get really hot. i have made this with frozen talipia and it is wonderful in the recipe it mentions a egg and a egg is a big green egg that is where i get most of my cooking ideas anyway if you need more info let me know but this is pretty easy

Geaux Tiger Blackened Redfish

1 Catch a legal sized redfish (this is the best part of this recipe)
2 Filet the redfish
3 Liberally season both sides of the filet with Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Seasoning.
4 Place a cast iron skillet on the egg. Dome temp should be between 450 and 500.
5 Put a couple tablespoons of butter in the pan (should just have a light coating on the bottom of the pan).
6 Grill each side of the redfish filet - four or five minutes each side depending on thickness.
7 Enjoy.

Recipe Source
Author: Frank in Houma

Source: Eggtoberfest 08 Cookbook

and yes that is right on the spot on the lake i did not take many because i did not know i was going to be finding a camping forum to join so those are the only pictures of the camper i have in there. the other ones i took are more pictures of the egg. and another thing they do over at that forum which has to do with nature like pictures so i did not take many rig pictures
Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #13

Welcome! Aww, we like rigs we like nature... just post away!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #14

ok just a couple of trees when they were turning a few weeks ago.. i will take more next trip

the last picture you can see the entrance to our site mentioned earlier..

like i said not many pictures i did not bring the camera on a couple of trips but i will next time and i promise to take more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-21045.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	1992   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-21043.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1993   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-21056.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	1994   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-21046.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	1995  
Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENTE View Post
in the recipe it mentions a egg and a egg is a big green egg that is where i get most of my cooking ideas anyway if you need more info let me know but this is pretty easy
As luck would have it we own a "big green egg" grill. Love it, I will have to give that recipie a try.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #16

yea i have the egg sickness i have 3 of them one for the camper and two for the back porch... i mean we have it bad i say we because in october of 07 my daughter was born 3 weeks later we went to the egg festival in atlanta georgia we have been to the last 4 eggtoberfests.. if you need any advice on that thing let me know i spend most of my waking time thinking about the egg i measn i have it bad
Old 12-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #17

Welcome aboard Bente
the recipe sounds tasty Thanks

that campsite is AWESOME,
Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #18

Awesome campsite

What a great looking site and nice trailer too. Are the sites seasonal or open to people passing through as well. That makes us want to head in that direction someday....Old Guys
old guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #19

that particular campground is open all year long.. so we decided since we got our camper so late in the season we better find a good site that we can go all winter long.. we have not camped in the same site twice been there 4 diffrent weekends and have not had a bad site yet.. if you head this way let me know

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #20

Very nice looking campsite!!!!! No wonder y'all go there so often! Enjoy the camper for many years.
Thomas P. is offline   Reply With Quote