Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Member
 
calberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Wildwood
Posts: 46
Hi everyone, welcome your new family member



Last week I joined the Heartland Users Group thinking we were going to buy a Sundance. But today we saw the Rockwood UL8265WS on-line, drove 2 1/2 hours to look at it, and go back on Friday to pick it up.

We traded in our 3 year old Keystone Sprinter Copper Canyon 252 which had been our first 5er. Although we really liked it and had some great trips, we sort of longed for more...more storage in the BR (no slide in the CC), and more space for the grand kids in the living area (only one LR slide in the CC). The 8265 provides both...and all for under 30' in length which allows us to squeeze into some of the smaller spots in Yosemite and other Ca. State Parks that longer rigs can't

So, it's great to be here and am looking forward to learning more about my new family

Steve
__________________

__________________
calberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new camper. You will love it here lots of great info and everyone is willing to help with any questions.
__________________

__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Member
 
calberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Wildwood
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new camper. You will love it here lots of great info and everyone is willing to help with any questions.
Thanks! And I do have a question right off. It took me 2 1/2 hrs in the car (70+ mph) to get to the dealer today. That means with truck and 5er it would take about 3 hours. There are some Forest River product dealers about 30 min away (not Rockwood). Would I be able to take my rig to one of them if (ok, when) I experience any warranty issues?

Thanks

Steve
__________________
calberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by calberry View Post


Last week I joined the Heartland Users Group thinking we were going to buy a Sundance. But today we saw the Rockwood UL8265WS on-line, drove 2 1/2 hours to look at it, and go back on Friday to pick it up.

We traded in our 3 year old Keystone Sprinter Copper Canyon 252 which had been our first 5er. Although we really liked it and had some great trips, we sort of longed for more...more storage in the BR (no slide in the CC), and more space for the grand kids in the living area (only one LR slide in the CC). The 8265 provides both...and all for under 30' in length which allows us to squeeze into some of the smaller spots in Yosemite and other Ca. State Parks that longer rigs can't

So, it's great to be here and am looking forward to learning more about my new family

Steve
Hi Steve

Welcome to the Forest River Forums Family!

From what I have read here on the forum it's not uncommon for some dealers to play hardball if you didn't buy from them. While Forest River cannot make them work on your unit Forest River can help you find someone that will.

Take care,
Terier
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Member
 
calberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Wildwood
Posts: 46
I called the two closed Forest River dealers (30 min) this morning and was told absolutely not by the first, and a definite maybe by the 2nd. The maybe was that they would only take me during the 'off season', which I guess starts after Oct. 1st.

I'll wait until I actually have an issue (know I will, always do!) before I start calling the dealers in Sacto/Roseville which are an hour away.

Steve
__________________
calberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by calberry View Post
I called the two closed Forest River dealers (30 min) this morning and was told absolutely not by the first, and a definite maybe by the 2nd. The maybe was that they would only take me during the 'off season', which I guess starts after Oct. 1st.

I'll wait until I actually have an issue (know I will, always do!) before I start calling the dealers in Sacto/Roseville which are an hour away.

Steve
Based on other posts this shouldn't surprise me but yet it still does. Hope things work out for you. Please do keep us updated.

Take care,
Terier
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Fire Instructor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Upstate (Albany Area) NY
Posts: 772
I was very lucky. Only one trip to the dealer for warranty work, and that was for a recall on one of the propane appliances (don't remember which one). Dropped it off on the way to work, picked it up on the way home.
__________________

__________________
Fire Instructor

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.