Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #1

Hi everyone, welcome your new family member

Last week I joined the Heartland Users Group thinking we were going to buy a Sundance. But today we saw the Rockwood UL8265WS on-line, drove 2 1/2 hours to look at it, and go back on Friday to pick it up.

We traded in our 3 year old Keystone Sprinter Copper Canyon 252 which had been our first 5er. Although we really liked it and had some great trips, we sort of longed for more...more storage in the BR (no slide in the CC), and more space for the grand kids in the living area (only one LR slide in the CC). The 8265 provides both...and all for under 30' in length which allows us to squeeze into some of the smaller spots in Yosemite and other Ca. State Parks that longer rigs can't

So, it's great to be here and am looking forward to learning more about my new family

Steve
calberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new camper. You will love it here lots of great info and everyone is willing to help with any questions.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new camper. You will love it here lots of great info and everyone is willing to help with any questions.
Thanks! And I do have a question right off. It took me 2 1/2 hrs in the car (70+ mph) to get to the dealer today. That means with truck and 5er it would take about 3 hours. There are some Forest River product dealers about 30 min away (not Rockwood). Would I be able to take my rig to one of them if (ok, when) I experience any warranty issues?

Thanks

Steve
Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calberry View Post

Last week I joined the Heartland Users Group thinking we were going to buy a Sundance. But today we saw the Rockwood UL8265WS on-line, drove 2 1/2 hours to look at it, and go back on Friday to pick it up.

We traded in our 3 year old Keystone Sprinter Copper Canyon 252 which had been our first 5er. Although we really liked it and had some great trips, we sort of longed for more...more storage in the BR (no slide in the CC), and more space for the grand kids in the living area (only one LR slide in the CC). The 8265 provides both...and all for under 30' in length which allows us to squeeze into some of the smaller spots in Yosemite and other Ca. State Parks that longer rigs can't

So, it's great to be here and am looking forward to learning more about my new family

Steve
Hi Steve

Welcome to the Forest River Forums Family!

From what I have read here on the forum it's not uncommon for some dealers to play hardball if you didn't buy from them. While Forest River cannot make them work on your unit Forest River can help you find someone that will.

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #5

I called the two closed Forest River dealers (30 min) this morning and was told absolutely not by the first, and a definite maybe by the 2nd. The maybe was that they would only take me during the 'off season', which I guess starts after Oct. 1st.

I'll wait until I actually have an issue (know I will, always do!) before I start calling the dealers in Sacto/Roseville which are an hour away.

Steve
Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by calberry View Post
I called the two closed Forest River dealers (30 min) this morning and was told absolutely not by the first, and a definite maybe by the 2nd. The maybe was that they would only take me during the 'off season', which I guess starts after Oct. 1st.

I'll wait until I actually have an issue (know I will, always do!) before I start calling the dealers in Sacto/Roseville which are an hour away.

Steve
Based on other posts this shouldn't surprise me but yet it still does. Hope things work out for you. Please do keep us updated.

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #7

I was very lucky. Only one trip to the dealer for warranty work, and that was for a recall on one of the propane appliances (don't remember which one). Dropped it off on the way to work, picked it up on the way home.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote