Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #1

Hi from Fargo ND

Hello all! We recently moved up from an '05 Coachmen TT to our 2014 Grand Villa loft model. The Coachmen had developed a slow water leak behind the shower, apparently for quite some time, and became obvious when the water feed line to the backside shower hose went into total spraying leak mode... yep, we had water running out underside of the camper. Black mold was found in the flooring and insurance paid out almost as much as I paid for it in 2009.

We really love the loft model, esp the kids. Teenage daughter gets the back bedroom to herself, and 8 yr old son gets the loft. While we really do love this camper, I must say we have been extremely disappointed in the build and assembly quality we have found during the past 2 months with it. Fortunately our dealer has been excellent to work with to get prompt warranty service calls lined up to address the numerous issues we have found. Still, it has been frustrating to have to call them repeatedly as new problems have arisen. With some luck, maybe they will all be behind us next summer for our first full season with it.

David G
DGRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2014 Grand Villa. Hope you get the kinks worked out.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #3

Welcome from Idaho, gotta say I have not seen one of those on the road.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcomes! You won't be seeing mine on the road either. It's parked at a quiet little resort in MN. These loft models ride way too low in the rear. We almost couldn't get it in place. Had to pull off some of the rear bathroom plumbing underneath before we could pull it in. I was very happy to have free delivery, so they were liable in case of damage.

Day 1 we sprung a water leak under the kitchen sink. Hose was on by maybe 2 threads on the fixture. Wife was washing up pots, and I saw water dripping out from under the camper. Rear bathroom sink also leaked underneath. Screen had a hole in it. Various parts were missing, vertical blinds wand, TP holders. The roof antenna leaked water, it was dripping in off the crank handle. Had a long rain a few weeks ago, and ELEVEN windows were dripping water in at the top of the frames. A couple of the accordion blinds pulled their mountings out of the wall. I had to remove and re-install the valance and vertical blinds at the patio door. The shower leaked water all the way around the bottom of the stall walls and door. Absolutely no sealant had been applied.

That covers most of the problems, I've likely missed a couple. It's really an indicator of a total lack of quality control during assembly, at least the day mine was built.
DGRAM is offline   Reply With Quote