Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #1

Hi from Montreal Canada

Hello Folks,

Just took possession of a brand new 2013 Flagstaff 206LTD tent trailer !!

My passion for camping was instilled into me pretty young with frequent camping trips with my family, starting with tent trailers then to 36 footers as we got older. Now that I have a young family of my own, I want my kids to experience more of what made my childhood so memorable.

We have been camping for many years already, and although tent camping certainly has an element of adventure, it was time to have just a little more luxury without dragging the whole house to the campground so to speak. I thought a tent trailer was a great compromise to get the best camping experience possible for our young family.

I have alot of reading up to do in terms of operating the electrical / gas power options, as the course at the dealers was very brief and quick, but I am sure this forum will help quite a bit.( I don't have much of a choice, as I am heading out Saturday morning for our first camping experience with the trailer !!)

John
Jilkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #2

Congratulations John, and welcome to the forum!

We had two tent trailers over the years. Then travel trailers for the past 6 or 7 years. We certainly enjoyed the tent trailers because it's more of a "camping" experience, but the units we had did not have much cupboard or storage space so we seemed to be looking for stuff all the time.

I see you will be camping soon with the new trailer. Some advice - Triple check your list first time out. On the first trip with our second tent trailer I got to the park then realized the "crank" was still at home! But hey, you can meet some nice people while looking for help.

We live in Kingston now but are originally from St Laurent and Chateauguay. Yeah, we still miss the night life (but not the bridges!). Downtown in Kingston is pretty much closed by the time the sun goes down.

Happy Camping!!
Fred

2012 Rockwood 2503S
fredm.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice !! I have actually started a checklist of stuff that we need to bring which I will leave in my truck to check off before I put her into drive, but you are right about RV'ers being very helpful. God knows my Dad made many many friends throughout North America while RVing.

I will be camping just North of Kingston in July at a campground called Skycroft. I have never been there but it did look pretty nice according to the website.

As far as living in Montreal, well part the reason for camping is to be out of the city as much as possible. I have been done with its nightlife for a while and am now seeking peace and quiet.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2013 Flagstaff 206LTD popup. I camped as a kid with my parents, first in a tent in the late 50's then in a popup during the 60's. DW and I started out up in a tent too, then a popup, hybrid, travel trailer, now a 5th wheel. I congratulate you for getting the childhood memories started all over again in your family!!!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 2013 Flagstaff 206LTD popup. I camped as a kid with my parents, first in a tent in the late 50's then in a popup during the 60's. DW and I started out up in a tent too, then a popup, hybrid, travel trailer, now a 5th wheel. I congratulate you for getting the childhood memories started all over again in your family!!!
The kids are really looking forward to camping in the popup. They see it as living in luxury compared to a tent. lol

Gonna holf off on the fifth wheel plans for now, but you just never know what the future holds...
Old 05-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #6

Welcome to the site, John.
Don't be shy about asking questions -there are plenty of great and knowledgable people here who are always willing to help out.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Don View Post
Welcome to the site, John.
Don't be shy about asking questions -there are plenty of great and knowledgable people here who are always willing to help out.
Thank you very much !! I am still trying to figure out a few things before my first trip this coming weekend, but I still haven't scoured the entire forum yet, so hopefully I will be able to find the answers I am looking for.

I would hate to be a burden and be one of those guys who asks the same question that has been asked over and over again without doing a proper search first.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
outdoor addict

Welcome from out west.

Norm
nakerr is offline   Reply With Quote