Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #1

Hi from Oregon

I have posted here a few times, and thought it was high time I said Hello. My name is Sharon, and we upgraded from a 1998 class C to a FR Georgetown Class A this past winter. My husband Alan retired from the fire department 10 years ago, and I have been mostly a stay-at-home mom until my kids got a bit older, then worked part time for our local school district until a few years ago. We have always traveled in some form of RV, starting in a camper for many years, then graduating to a motorhome when the family outgrew the camper. We traveled with the kids to Victoria, British Columbia, Florida, and New York, stopping in almost every state on the way. The best education they could ever receive. There are so many wonders to see in this country, and I never tire of our road trips. Well, except driving through Texas. Thank goodness for audio books . This is a very friendly forum, and I look forward to many years of posting here.
chilibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibean View Post
I have posted here a few times, and thought it was high time I said Hello. My name is Sharon, and we upgraded from a 1998 class C to a FR Georgetown Class A this past winter. My husband Alan retired from the fire department 10 years ago, and I have been mostly a stay-at-home mom until my kids got a bit older, then worked part time for our local school district until a few years ago. We have always traveled in some form of RV, starting in a camper for many years, then graduating to a motorhome when the family outgrew the camper. We traveled with the kids to Victoria, British Columbia, Florida, and New York, stopping in almost every state on the way. The best education they could ever receive. There are so many wonders to see in this country, and I never tire of our road trips. Well, except driving through Texas. Thank goodness for audio books . This is a very friendly forum, and I look forward to many years of posting here.

Traveling is a great way to expand education especially with all the little life lessons that get tossed in among the way. Did something happen in Texas or was it just not your cup of tea?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #3

Well, we were on our way to South Padre Island, then to visit friends in Houston, then to Corpus Cristi. The places we visited were nice, but my-oh-my, driving north to south through Texas was less than interesting. There was not a single thing to look at. Not even a rock outcropping. We are so spoiled living in the Northwest. Mountains, rivers, beautiful green pastures with all manner of critters, even pigs grazing, so the times we are crossing areas of the US that are barren and dry and brown, well, as I said, thank goodness for audio books. I sure hope I did not offend anyone, not my intention. There are parts of Wyoming that are not particularly lovely either, it's just Texas will always stick out in my mind as one long drive getting nowhere fast .
chilibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Don't be a stranger so often!
Welcome !
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote