Old 02-10-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
Hi from Port Huron, MI

I'm a Ford retiree living in Port Huron, MI and anticipating wife's retirement so we can travel the US. I'm also anticipating acquiring my first RV. I've looked at numerous candidate RV starting with the Roadtrek CS Adventurous, the new Winnebago Fuse because it is built on the Ford Transit chassis. Our plans are to travel the south and western US and of course we plan to make a summer journey to Alaska at some point.

I've actually begun looking seriously at some of the older shorter Dynamax Dynaquest coaches, 260/264's which are built on the Freightliner chassis, use the MBE900 engine and Allison 3000 trans. I like their handy size, short enough to get into fairly tight campsites, very little rear axle hangover and good reliability at a price point we could afford. They are pretty roomy inside and wife likes the kitchen and bath arrangements. I would love to hear from anyone who owns one of these units and get their list of likes and dislikes.

Thanks in advance

DynaQuestDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #2
Campfire Master
Welcome Dave! Glad you're here. We have family living near Port Huron and we go up there often. Good luck on finding the perfect RV, enjoy your travels.

AVid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #3
Welcome from Wisconsin and good luck on your search for the RV that will meet your needs and wants.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
Welcome from just across the river. I was just across the bridge this aft into Port Huron to pickup some parts. Got them shipped to a US parcel pickup.
Orval and Yvonne
2016 Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Package
2011 F150 SCrew XTR 5.0L 4x4
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Hi WisCampSin- It really is a small world. We have a summer home in Garden, MI on Lake Michigan's Big Bay DeNoc, 35miles by water from Washington Island WI but 275miles by land. Guess which way we went. We travel to Wisconsin quite a bit. Thanks for your welcome...
DynaQuestDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
Welcome to the forums from SW Idaho.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #7
Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
from a Michigander!

Bill & Renee from Novi, Michigan
2006 Lexington 255DS
NoviBill is online now   Reply With Quote