Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #1

Question Hi from Spokane, WA--new Salem Tbud owners!

Hello, all! Just bought our 2012 Salem 26tbud and are anxiously awaiting pickup on Saturday. We've learned lots already from the forum, like cancelling the expensive extended warranty and going with the 2nd year through Forest River instead. A few remaining questions :

-Anybody know what size tv our model can hold? Also mounting advice??
-What is the cheapest place for RV accessories online?
-Best brand of chocks, or does it matter?? My dad made his with wood...
-Anybody have unique alternatives to the typical magnet states on the map to keep track of where you've been??
-Does cricut vinyl lettering successfully stick to the inside walls?? What about the exterior (outside vinyl)??
-Ideas for hanging 5 towels in a dinky bathroom???

SO happy to be here, can't wait to post a pic of us with the new baby! thanks-
Kirsten
SchierFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

As far as chocks, I have been very happy with my Rotochoks.
Rotochok Online

As far as RV accessories/supplies online, I have not found one which is consistently cheaper. One may be cheaper for one thing, but more expensive on something else, so you need to shop around. I have good experiences with ordering from Camping World and Dyers.
RV Supplies, RV Accessories & RV Parts for Motorhomes, Campers, Travel Trailers & 5th Wheel Campers - fifth wheel camper - Camping World
RV Supplies, RV Accessories, RV Parts, Camping Trailer Parts, 5th Wheel Hitch

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #3

Thanks Glenn5995! Hey--we have 7 year old boy/girl twins. They are currently arguing over who gets the middle bunk and who gets the bottom, as their 10 year old brother has claimed the top. Ha! Thanks for help, will go check out the links right now. I'd come across Camping World, but not the other one. Will look for that brand chocks when we pick her up this weekend.
SchierFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Team

To answer your question about towels... Give some serious thought to springing for some backpacking towels. There are lots of brands and any outdoor store will have them. They take up very little space, work well, dry quickly and best of all hang politely on a hook.

Here's a link but you can find these anywhere Amazon.com: Sea to Summit DryLite Towel: Sports & Outdoors

If you have a single towel bar, you could add 5 carabiners to it and attach one towel to each.

Click image for larger version

Name:	towel.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	8333
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem, tbud, vinyl lettering, Television, bathroom