Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #1

HI from the Upper Midwest

Just found this forum the other day and it's great.

I've been considering a XLR XLT27HFS toy hauler - haven't purchased yet but looking at all the positive/negative options before laying out the $$.

Reading thru the posts here will be very helpful as have never owned a travel trailer nor a toy hauler.

These bones are getting to old to tent it anymore and not alot of room to carry 'creature comforts' on a motorcycle.

Just saying Hi.

Dakota 1120

Education is expensive, advice is free. I like free advice.
Dakota 1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #2

Welcome! Where are you from?

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #3

"Hi from upper mid west".......named "DAKOTA1120".....I'm betting from one of the Dakotas...LOLOL

Welcome folks...We have a Salem and are very happy with our Forest River trailer.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #4

Welcome.

I am also new and have found many useful posts within the forum.

Cheers,
Coreyhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
Welcome! Where are you from?
Hi Bocephus from North Dakota. Lived in ND for about a year - Fargo. Man, it's cold up there. Went to NDSU and it snowed for a week straight & you couldn't get from Fargo to Jamestown for a week until they got the interstate open. Cold too - that winter (for awhile) the high was minus 40 degrees below zero as I remember....and even the Penquins could not be found.

It's one heck of a lot warmer down south - here in South Dakota!

Ok, not alot but just a little bit.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
"Hi from upper mid west".......named "DAKOTA1120".....I'm betting from one of the Dakotas...LOLOL

Welcome folks...We have a Salem and are very happy with our Forest River trailer.

You would be correct. Hear it's really hot and dry in OK this year. Lived in Del City for about a year .... left before the nut blew up the Federal Building in OKC.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBFIDY View Post
well no ****......as you see i am from the dakotas and was curious as to where this gentleman was from.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota 1120 View Post
Hi Bocephus from North Dakota. Lived in ND for about a year - Fargo. Man, it's cold up there. Went to NDSU and it snowed for a week straight & you couldn't get from Fargo to Jamestown for a week until they got the interstate open. Cold too - that winter (for awhile) the high was minus 40 degrees below zero as I remember....and even the Penquins could not be found.

It's one heck of a lot warmer down south - here in South Dakota!

Ok, not alot but just a little bit.
welcome. i am from out west....about 90 miles north west of bismarck. winters can be rough, but i grew up here and the cold doesnt bother me too much. i work in a coal fired power plant, and if it is 90* outside, its 125-135 inside by the boiler that burns the coal. thus, i am not a fan of heat. there are alot of 40-70* days here....and i love that. i dont like it if its more than 20 below zero....and it isnt like that tooooo many days in a row. id rather shiver than sweat lol!

Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
welcome. i am from out west....about 90 miles north west of bismarck. winters can be rough, but i grew up here and the cold doesnt bother me too much. i work in a coal fired power plant, and if it is 90* outside, its 125-135 inside by the boiler that burns the coal. thus, i am not a fan of heat. there are alot of 40-70* days here....and i love that. i dont like it if its more than 20 below zero....and it isnt like that tooooo many days in a row. id rather shiver than sweat lol!
Good Morning.
Bismark - been there once for very short time to meet train & seemed like a nice town. Winters can be hard here in SD too - grew up here in northeast part of SD (but lived in several other states at times)....darn cold some winters with lots of snow and darned hot in the summer at times too.

Like you, I'm not a fan of heat. Had all of that I wanted in S.E.Asia and when I had to travel to Brownsville TX, Pheonix/Tucson AZ, Florida, Louisana and the like some years ago. Favorite temp is 65 - 75 degrees.