Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #1

Hi from Victoria, BC

Hi all, just joined the forums recently.

My wife & I live in Victoria, BC, Canada; and have 3 girls (teen/pre-teen). We recently purchased a 2009 Flagstaff 425D pop-up, and are looking forward to getting back into camping again - mostly on Vancouver Island to start with, but I would like to expand our travels to Western Canada and the USA sometime soon. I did some tent camping in southern BC years ago (at times during a couple of wild windstorms in the Coquihalla mountain pass area!), so this will be a step-up in comfort for me :-)

We've had the very good fortune to acquire a pop-up in excellent condition from relatives, along with all the manuals, a couple of orientation sessions, and some extra camping gear to use - with the promise that they can borrow it anytime We spent the weekend familiarizing ourselves with *everything*, spring cleaning, testing the appliances, sanitizing the water system, etc. and are set to go for this weekend - got the brake controller and towing mirrors installed on the truck already.

I've been able to acquire tips and knowledge from the forum, as well as from a couple of coworkers who are avid RV'ers - I'm grateful for the resources and hope I can pass on the assistance in the future.

Safe and happy travels, everyone!

Mike & Kari & kids
Hutch65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Hello andto the forum!
Great idea in getting to know the unit before hitting the road. Your family is in for lots of fun to come.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #3

Thanks Terier!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #4

Welcome Hutch. We are almost neighbours as we live in Sooke and camp on the island also. Getting everything ready for 2 weeks of camping the end of June.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #5

Thanks JW, we're in Colwood so we're even closer to you (by a little bit) :-)

We booked a few days over the August long weekend at the Living Forest in Nanaimo, looking forward to it. Hoping to sneak in a trip or two more between this weekend and then.