Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Bobo

Hi from Western NY

Taking delivery tomorrow morning on a 2012 Windjammer 3008W. Moving up from a 2006 Sunline T-2499 and a 2001 Coleman Utah before that.

Any on going or common problems with this model or make? Like all campers, I know they are not perfect, but any info would be appreciated.

The Sunline Owners Club forum has been fantastic with help and ideas. I hope that it is the same or even better here. Looking forward to making new friends.

Bobo
Bobo 3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Stay Classy San Diego

HI from another WNYer, but I am more near B-Lo. Is that the TT with the kitchen in the V-front? I've seen pictures of that, nice!

Where's your first trip to? Welcome and enjoy
Old 08-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
Bobo

I'm from Chili. A suburb of Rochester. Yes, it is the model with the front kitchen. We pick it up from the dealer in the morning.

Our first trip is Labor Day Weekend. Hickory Hills in Bath, NY. Camping with a bunch of firefighters and their families.
Our second trip the next weekend after Labor Day is a Sunline Owners Club meet and Greet at Southwoods Campground in Byron, NY. Yes they are still letting us join them even though we are no longer Sunliners. Super people and friends. We will be staying there the week after that to "break in" the new camper. Wife could not get vacation so she will be commuting to work while I relax .

Are there any Meet and Greets in our area ? It would be nice to socialize and promote ideas () amongst other Windjammers or FROGs

Bobo
2001 Coleman Utah
Old 08-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Site Team

aboard and congrats on your newest member of the family! You must be excited with it only being hours before you bring it home.

Give us time and I'm sure you will find this site to be top notch as well. Needs ideas for making mods? Check out the "Pimp my 22RR" thread. I got several good ideas from there and I don't even have that unit.

Have fun next weekend on your maiden voyage! We are only a click away if needed.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #5

Great TT, we almost bought that one but went with it's classic sister, which dinning table did you go with? Have fun!
CypressNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo 3008
I'm from Chili. A suburb of Rochester. Yes, it is the model with the front kitchen. We pick it up from the dealer in the morning.

Our first trip is Labor Day Weekend. Hickory Hills in Bath, NY. Camping with a bunch of firefighters and their families.
Our second trip the next weekend after Labor Day is a Sunline Owners Club meet and Greet at Southwoods Campground in Byron, NY. Yes they are still letting us join them even though we are no longer Sunliners. Super people and friends. We will be staying there the week after that to "break in" the new camper. Wife could not get vacation so she will be commuting to work while I relax .

Are there any Meet and Greets in our area ? It would be nice to socialize and promote ideas () amongst other Windjammers or FROGs

Bobo
Hi. We are from Hilton. I grew up in Churchville and Chili. We are also going to be at Hickory Hill for Labor Day weekend.

2011 Prime Time Tracer 3000BHS
2007 Ford Expedition
Reese Dual Cam HP Hitch
Nights Camped 2015-5 in TT
DF5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
Stay Classy San Diego

I haven't been to either of those campgrounds but I've heard good things about both. I'm fairly new here on the forums, so I don't know of any meet and greets but if you arrange one I'll show up
Old 08-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #8

Hey there

to the forums, this place has great members and knowledge abounds and

Maybe we're learn something from you as well

Dave
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo 3008 View Post

Bobo
Hello - I was raised in Henrietta. Welcome to the forum and I second what Night Stone said about the people on the forum.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
Bobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineaBit View Post
Great TT, we almost bought that one but went with it's classic sister, which dinning table did you go with? Have fun!

We have the atrium slide with the free standing table and chairs. Broke my heart that it came with leather furniture, electric awning and jacks. Guess I will have to get used to being spoiled.

Bobo
2001 Coleman Utah
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo 3008

We have the atrium slide with the free standing table and chairs. Broke my heart that it came with leather furniture, electric awning and jacks. Guess I will have to get used to being spoiled.

Bobo
Times are tough :-) Those lazy boys are nice!
CypressNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #12

Fellow WNYers what dealerships do you know about with customer service? Found the model we like at Buffalo RV but know that maybe Wilkins could get something in??? Looking at Georgetown XL 352
jodylynnvip is offline   Reply With Quote