Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Retired US Navy Diver

Hi - Glenn, Longview, WA - V-lite 21WRS

Hello, I'm Glenn and the new owner of a Flagstaff TT. I've looked for a long time. Visited every RV center from Tacoma, WA to Eugene, OR to Pendleton, OR and all places between.

It's kinda a funny story but I am restricted by 2 things. Storage/parking and my job. I am a medical gas inspector and visit hospitals, surgery centers and dental offices. Any place that uses medical gases (o2, medair, n2o, co2, n2, medvac, wagd/evac). I had to find something small enough to pull into construction sites, parking lots, downtown traffic.

Storage is alongside my garage w/ a 115" opening with a block retaining wall along the driver side (as backing in). I measured everything carefully. Had to get a rear slide as the block wall prevented side slides.

Got the trailer home and by inches the trailer would not fit!! Haaaa. My driveway has a sloping high spot along the right side of the driveway. This causes the trailer to lean to the garage. So while I've got plenty of room I cannot get it past the front corner of the garage.

Was thinking of cutting back the eves of the garage corner. Hmmm. Epiphany!! today while driving I realized if I build a 4 or 5 inch high ramp along the garage edge (4 x 4's layed side by side w/ 2 x 8 on top) it would tilt the trailer away from the garage allowing me to get the trailer into the parking spot.

Anyways, looking fwd to a long happy relation w/ everyone. And eventually getting out w/ my wife for some camping trips.
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Retired US Navy Diver

Would add a picture but not sure how
gktsuda1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #3

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new camper. I'm sure you will get your issues squared away so that you can put the trailer on the driveway.

Also, thank you for your service to our Country.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #4

My only thoughts on a ramp as you described, is that your backing up skills must really be accurate. If your tires on that side happen one day to fall off of the ramp, or it moves for some reason, OR, it's pouring down rain when returning home from a long trip, and you can't see very well, you could possibly damage the house and the camper! Just a thought....Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
Villa Estate 392FLFB

welcome aboard! easiest way to get pictures up here is to make a photobucket account on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and then once you upload pictures there, copy the "tag" with [IMG] at the beginning and you just paste it in here where you type.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #6

Welcome!
I'm hoping you do post pictures because the situation you describe sounds like a real challenge!
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote