Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #1

Smile Hi, I'm new to this site.

We just purchased the Flagstaff 30 WRLTS. We are taking it out for the first time for New Years. Would love to hear from those with the same camper and how they like it or any other good tips for winter camping.
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

to the forum !!!

Pictures are always welcome.....show off that new rig !!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
to the forum !!!

Pictures are always welcome.....show off that new rig !!
x2!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. My wife and I purchased our 30WRLTS last year but it is a 2011 model. We love it. we have went camping about 6 times so far this year. One thing I will tell you even though our camper came with a fireplace, that alone will not keep you warm on very cold nights. You will probable have to crank up your gas furnance. I had some problems with my furnance when I first went to start it. It did not want to run for more than about 5 to 6 minutes at a time. I thought that it was out of gas but when I check the stove it would light up ok. So I kept lighting the furnance until it finally stayed lit. I guess that it must have had some air in the line to the furnance and had to work that air out of the system. I was almost ready to call the dealer to get it fixed but now it is working fine. I hope that you have fun camping. Btw, where are you located and where are you going camping?

Freddie & Linda
2015 FR Sierra 330RLS & 2003 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
TMPS for Camper & TV
Dakota EV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum.
lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #6

Smile Looking forward to hearing about your camping adventures

Dakota, we are in LA, and have lots of great camping near our home. We are headed to Lake of the Pines for New Year's. This will be the first time we have taken our camper out ( not counting the night we slept in it in our driveway ).................couldn't wait!! I wasn't thinking the fireplace would keep the camper warm enough by itself, especially to reach back in the back bedroom. We did use the furnace the one night we slept in the camper and it worked great. I have a small electric heater I will keep in the bedroom so we can conserve our butane. We had a 2008 Puma, and traded it in. We were wanting a bed I didn't have to squeeze around and larger closet and bath area, plus, the Puma wasn't made as well. We love the big living area. I've not tried the blow up mattress yet, anxious to see how that works out. We have guests staying one night with us that will use it, so I hope all is well. Have you used yours? My dad has suggested that I get to lifts to put under the dining area to keep the seal from breaking since we have the large U dinnette table that seats 6. Which one do you have, the dinette or the table and chairs.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #7

By the way, I'll take some pictures while we have the camper out for New Years.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #8

Sold big unit two years ago,and will be ordering a Wolf Pup T16P the first week of Jan. Had to get back into camping
RICH1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #9

I take it that you didn't feel like you were camping in the Flaggstaff? I understand, but I like the extras.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #10

Thumbs up Interesting things I found out about extended warranties

Just to let you guys know what we have been doing in regards to purchasing the extended warranty on our new camper. The dealership we purchased the Flagstaff from offered a 7 year contract for 1,889.00. We felt that was very high, and began looking for posts regarding this on this forum. We had the extended warranty on the camper we traded in and they said it could not be transferred to the new RV. I called and found out that if we canceled the policy that we might get some sort of pro rated refund on the years we did not use. We paid 1295.00 in 2008. We are getting around 600.00 + back. While talking with the new salesman he reduced the price by 200.00. While talking with the OLD RV salesman they said they wanted our business back and said they would sell us an extended warranty on our new RV at the 2008 price. Went back to new RV sales rep and told him what had been offered to us and they dropped their price once more to 1,389.00 for 7 years. If we use the new RV service center we don't have to pay the $50.00 deductable, so I think we might come out the same or better in the long run. ( I like all my business in one place ) So, try bargaining on the extended warranty, you might do well, or at least in our case it truly paid off. After our refund we will only be paying about $700.00, and we feel it will be worth it even if only for our peace of mind.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #11

Welcome to the form. Brother purchased his Flagstaff this Summer and loves it.
bigdaddy23 is offline   Reply With Quote