Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Old Enough to Know Better

Hi New V-Cross Owner

Hi
New Owner of a 2012 V27VFK This is our first travel trailer as previously had a 29ft class c. Cant wait for it to get warm.

Regards

Jim eng
gasman6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #2

Welcome fellow vcross owner! I thought I was the only one here.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #3

me too

We love our V-cross, we have a bunk bed model, 2012,,,,we put it to good use!
longarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #4

Hey longarrow, What size v-cross do you have? We also have the bunk house.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #5

We have a 26VBH, it's actually 29" long. Just me, DW and Koda our pet! But I hunt alot and have others with us so we want a BH. Have made many upgrades to it, maybe one of theses days will get around to posting some of them! Me, my brother, his DW and our 2 pets (koda & rascal) have a trip planned from TX, NM,AZ,NV and CA to OR and WA this may. Looking forward to it. My DW (has a few years 'til retirement) will fly into OR and we will pick her up at her brothers house, on to WA (her home) then back to TX by way of ID, Mt, WY, CO, OK.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #6

I am looking at getting a V-Cross. A 2012 30WTBS. Any thoughts on the quality, build, how it pulls, etc... Any help and input would be great. I will be replacing a 2008 Jayco Feather LGT 311.
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #7

I bought a 2012 vcross last March from Jeff Couch's RV Nation in Ohio. We looked at all TT for a few months. I have no complaints what so ever. I pull it with 2007 Ram Hemi. Going down the interstate it pulls wonderful. With the v-shaped front it just cuts the wind. I was very surprised when i got behind a semi it handled great. No problems. My wife got to pick out everything for the TT. She loves it all. The only real problem we had was we have a sliding pocket door in our bedroom at the closet. It fail off the track and the ceiling. But it was under warranty. We got it fixed. Good as new. We have the plantinum series by Forest River if looking. Very pleased with ours. We have two boys for the bunk house. They love it. Plenty of room. Can't wait for spring to go camping. Happy camping from NC.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #8

Cebaker, thank you for the info. It seems that all the V-nose owners have nothing but great things to say about them. Almost seems like a no-brainer. We went to our local RV show this week in Detroit and after walking in the V-Lite, nothing even came close in comparison. We would walk into the regular TT and say "no, not as good". What model do you have?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #9

We have the 32vbhs. Its not on the Forest River website no more. I guess they stopped making that model. But we did the same thing at the Charlotte RV show but we kept going back to the vcross. We bought ours online. Which was a little nervous doing that. But it worked out great. And had it delivered to us. With the plantium series you get alot more standard features than the classic series.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #10

Welcome to the "Pointy Nose" group! V's & Jammer's are cousins.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #11

pbrackney ,, we do like the V-Cross Super Lite. We looked for almost 2 years! I think the V nise pulls better than a flat nose. The V adds about 75 Square feet of closet space. We haven't had a single thing go wrong yet!!(knock on wood). Have pulled it about 6,000 miles since we picked it up last June. Love the Cherry wood panel inside! We've added about 15 mod's so far and have some more to go. We added a curtain to give the bunks/bath/shower a little more room/private. I think that is the best single so far. My brother/DW/dog and our family have a trip planned thur TX, NM,AZ,CA,OR,WA then back to Tx this June. We toll with "01 Ram diesel, 4x4, long bed, 4door and I get about 12-14 MPG @ 70 mph. I think Forest Rivers made a super trailer, at least so far!! Good luck!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #12

Love to hear that, I am waiting on a V Cross fifth wheel, VCF 275 VRL, got it yesterday at the Houston RV show. I had been looking at it for about 2 months prior. They came down a thousand $ from what they would do before show. I have been looking for about 2 years and read 7 rv books, went to to many dealers, went to Escapees Boot Camp etc. your post makes me feel good. Thanks
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #13

There are getting to be more and more of us v-nose owners all the time. We are just a quiet bunch as we don't seem to have many complaints. Don,t forget we have our own area in the trailer section of the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of you in Goshen at the rally in August. Old Guys

Old 02-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #14

Although mine is not a V Cross, it is a V Nose XLR. It pulls very nice .
Congrats.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #15

Old Guys, tell me about the Goshen Rally. What is it? I assume its in Indiana.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #16

That's one of the reasons why we got a vnose TT. There's not a lot of them on the road. There different looking at the campsite and unique. I get asked about it a lot.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #17

If you go to the rally zone in this forum and check out the post 2012 frog international rally in Goshen you can find out all about it. It seems like areally good deal with every thing that's included and we were one of the first to register. While you are in that section you should check out the posting below it titled F.R.O.G. It is also wothwhile and doesn't cost anything to belong. Bob Byrne seems like a really nice guy and we are looking forward to meeting him and now possibly you there as well. Old Guys
P.S. be prepared for lots of reading as there are getting to be quite a few posts as the rally catches on.