Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #1

Hi - Newbie from Kamloops, BC

Hi everyone - I just put up a thread in the Wildwood section, then found this forum oops - not a good start! However, I DID have questions, so slightly let off the stupid hook I hope...

I'm originally from England, and emigrated six years ago. We bought an equestrian centre and developed it, sold it last year and are now ready to explore and enjoy holidays on the road. We just bought our first trailer - a Wildwood T25KS. We haven't got a clue about what we would need - we have never done any camping, so it took forever (and a damned good deal) to choose. My only demands were a proper bathroom!

We have a Ford F150 (2010, with the higher towing capacity) to pull it with, and considering our boat weighs more than the trailer, I don't forsee any issues! Still, I'm the first one to get to tow it when we pick it up in the morning, so I guess I'll find out!! Yikes.

So, that's me - hopefully we have picked a decent trailer
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #2

Picking it up this morning!

Going for a trial evening in Scotch Creek tomorrow....
Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #3

to FRF and congrats on you new camper. Hope all goes well with the pickup and that you have many fun trips with it.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum Lynda. If you have internet access at your campground and have questions, don't hesitate to log in and ask. We will do our best to help you. The main thing is to HAVE FUN!!!

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #5

Thank you!! We DID have fun too!

Just one argument, one accident and one moment of panic, the rest was fine!

We bent the bar on the trailer hitch (the 'bit' which goes up and down) - on a speed bump. Well, WE didn't do it as such, our friend didn't jack it all the way up so we've got a little issue there, although it's not causing any problems, but rather than a straight bar, it's a little banana-shaped at the bottom!! oops.

Also, we didn't fill the water tank completely full, so the pump was chugging and chugging and not providing any water - so we had to hitch up again and refill the tank. Hubby had a sore ear about that... and I hope we didn't damage the water pump, but it certainly seems ok.

So - PHEW! - apart from that - we had the greatest time, everything worked well and we didn't do anything (else) stupid! So I think I'm going to get into this camping thing good and proper - it was really great.

We went to Scotch Creek (Shuswap) and are planning to go to Wells Grey next weekend, although we are still undecided whether to go solar or generator for backup power......