Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #1

Smile holiday weekend

Hope everyone has a great weekend .. giving beautiful weather for Al.
credille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #2

Lucky Dog. We're gonna have rain and cold temps for at least HALF the w/e here in the Northeast. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggg
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
Lucky Dog. We're gonna have rain and cold temps for at least HALF the w/e here in the Northeast. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggg
Lucky dog- I'm stuck at home prepping the house for a birthday party next weekend!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #4

Hahahha. I remember those days. I never prepped a week in advance. You must be having the entire 'hood at the house next w\e. The only thing I have to prep for now when my college age kids want a b-day party is whether I have enuff ice.
Enjoy them while they are young. Time is a thief.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

we are aging a birthday party next weekend too but we were smart and are having it at the local putt putt...they supply everything except the cake, they even supplied the invitations.

we are staying home also because Dh has to work on Monday. We will be washing the camper on say and smoking a pork butt on sun.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and let's not forget the reason for the holiday. Billy Ray Cyrus said it best.... Some gave all and all gave some. Thank you to those you serve and thank you to those who gave all.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #6

I'm throwing a 21st bash for my soit's the 1st Memorial day we are not camping in many years. But I WILL be camping next weekend!
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
Anacortesians

Looks like it will be pretty good in our area. As retirees, we stay home on holiday weekends so we're not tripping over all the folks who have work and school commitments. When we do go out, we leave home Sunday morning, so we get toe our first CG after all the worker bees have gone home. If we're going to be out over a weekend, we try to get a site Thursday evening and keep it until Sunday morning.

In three seasons with our current rig and four with our old one (about 5 trips a season), the strategy only failed us once.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Always Learning

Yep- dear son's first birthday. He has only a week more of being zero. It's been a few weeks in the making. We put out 15 yards of mulch, 10 yards of top soil and then 1700 square feet of sod. Today she bought a ton of flowers for the pots on the deck. AND... next is getting the inside cleaned up. Fun times.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yep- dear son's first birthday. He has only a week more of being zero. It's been a few weeks in the making. We put out 15 yards of mulch, 10 yards of top soil and then 1700 square feet of sod. Today she bought a ton of flowers for the pots on the deck. AND... next is getting the inside cleaned up. Fun times.
Envy your having son's FIRST birthday - he'll be gone before you can turn around good... they really grow up fast.

By the way, I just checked out your blog - GREAT job, interesting reading, well laid out.

Ed
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #10
Always Learning

Thanks, Ed! I have a 9-year old daughter, too. So we know how quick time goes. She had some health stuff when she was 13-months old and it really made us appreciate each day.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to ShebaGinger
We are headed out to Rainbow Springs SP, FL on Monday for 6 days.
Happy Memorial Day for all that served.
ShebaGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

We woke up this am with no hot water, called UPNC and they had a man out here @ 2 pm to remove the old water heater and install a new one we had bought 3 yrs ago and had stored in the crawl space. UPNC is an insurance that covers the water lines from the meter thru the entire house including water heater. We also found out that NC now requires a thermal expansion tank on all water heaters due to a law passed 5 yrs ago and started enforcing Aug 2012. Bottom line, UPNC would have furnished the new water heater at no charge, so we wasted the cost of the water heater. Bad news was there was a $175 charge for the cost of the thermal expansion tank and installation. Such is life, now, the new heater & expansion tank are covered by UPNC as long as we pay $5.95/month.